The U.S. House of Representatives recently voted 238 to 183 to permanently ban funding of abortion.
The No Taxpayer Funding of Abortion Act, or HR7, was introduced by Representative Chris Smith (R-NJ) and makes the Hyde Amendment permanent. So far, the amendment had prevented federal money from being used for abortions through Medicaid, and was subject to annual renewal.
According to the Charlotte Lozier Institute, an estimated two million lives have been saved through the Hyde Amendment since 1976.
HR7 removes funding for abortions from Obamacare while politicians are still looking into replacements for Obama’s healthcare law. Additionally, according to the Government Accountability Office, 1,036 Obamacare plans sold in 2014 included abortion on demand.
Democrats took to the House floor stating Obamacare did not fund abortions, which was rebuttled by Smith with the GAO stats. Representative Dan Kildee (D-MI) argued HR7 goes beyond the Hyde Amendment. Some also defended Planned Parenthood and boasted that they had participated in the Women’s March on Washington and had spoken out against the bill.
Pro-life Congress members reference that the legislations makes what is annually renewed by Congress permanent. It also makes abortion coverage in healthcare plans transparent.
Representative Liz Cheney (R-WY) chastized members who participated in the Women’s March as a platform to speak for all women as pro-lifers were excluded from joining.
The White House recently released a statement that they strongly support the HR7 bill, and that Trump, if presented with it, would sign the bill.
According to LifeSiteNews, the debate later focused on the humanity of children in the womb. Smith commented, “We treat them as tumors, warts to be exorcised.”
Representative Martha Roby (R-AL) stated that the voice of the unborn child is the only voice not heard.
Not everyone was enthusiastic about the bill. Democrat Barbara Lee (D-CA) opposed HR7 citing that Trump is denying life-saving healthcare to women globally.
Meanwhile, Representative Kristi Noem (R-SD) hopes that Americans will one day realize that children are a gift from God.
- Can Your Earthly Father Skew Your Perception on God’s Forgiveness? - August 17, 2017
- Chris & Stephanie Teague Discuss How God Restored Their Marriage - August 12, 2017
- In The Eye Of The Storm? Unlock The Key To Perfect Peace! - August 9, 2017
- Feeling Burdened By A Situation? We Have The Key To Your Joy! - August 9, 2017
- “Mully” Depicts An Inspirational True Life Rags To Riches Story - August 8, 2017
- When We Are Weak, He Is Strong. Learn How to Access His Strength! - August 7, 2017
- Natasha Owens Discusses Inspiration Behind Latest Album With FFFM - August 4, 2017
- Why How You Treat Your Parents Effects Life Expectancy - August 2, 2017
- Are You Temporal Or Eternally Minded When It Comes To Heaven? - August 2, 2017
- God, I Want You To Move That Mountain Right… NOW! - July 31, 2017
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.