What We Believe
• We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God on which we base our faith, conduct, and doctrine. (2 Tim 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21)
• We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 3:16-17; Matthew 28:19; 1 Corinthians 8:6; 2 Corinthians 13:14; 1 Timothy 6:16)
• We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ and in His virgin birth; that He was fully God, who became man, conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He led a sinless life and through His shed blood, death, and resurrection, atonement was made for our sins that we might have eternal life. He rose from the dead, ascended into heaven, and is presently seated at the right hand of the Father, and one day will return for His family. We believe that Jesus Christ our Lord is the only access which humanity has to God the Father. (Isa 7:14; John 3:16; John 14:6; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 1Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 4:14-15; Hebrews 9:14)
• We believe that salvation is a free gift given to anyone who acknowledges and confesses that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He died on the cross for the remission of our sins and that He rose from the dead. It is by this heartfelt confession that one enters into the family of God, releasing them from the damnation of sin, and giving them eternal life. (John 10:7-9; John 14:6Romans 3:24; Romans 10:8-10; Ephesians 2:8)
• We believe in the present-day ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. We believe in the infilling of the Holy Spirit for every Believer to promote godly living and for the effectual practice or our faith, daily. Baptism of the Holy Spirit is given by the laying on of hands with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues. We promote a daily dependence on the Holy Spirit to guide, teach, and empower us in every area of life. (Matthew 3:11; Mark 1:8; Luke 2:40; Luke 4:1; John 14:16; John 15:26; John 16:7; Acts 1:8; Acts 2:4; Acts 2:38; Acts 4:31; Acts 7:55; Acts 8:17; Acts 19:1-6; 1 Corinthians 12:13; 1 Corinthians 13:1; Ephesians 5:18)
• We believe in the return of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; of those that are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life in the presence of God and of those that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal judgment unto damnation. (Acts 1:9-11; 1 Corinthians 15:51-52; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; 2 Timothy 4:1; Revelation20:10-15)
• We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
(Romans 12:16; Romans 14:19; Ephesians 4:3; Philippians 1:7; 1 Peter 3:8)
• We stand on the traditional definition and value of marriage as expressed in the bible and being a covenant between one man and one woman. We believe the purpose of marriage is to reflect the relationship of the Godhead and to serve Him. Since God instituted marriage, it is His precepts that we are governed by. (Genesis 2:22-25; Malachi 2:14; Matthew 19:4-10; 1Corinthians 7:2-16; Ephesians 5:22-33)
• We believe marriage should be the first ministry in the home since the institution of marriage and the establishment of family preceded the church. We place priority on God first, marriage second, and service to the church third. (Matthew 19:6; 1 Timothy 3:4,12)
• We believe in the sanctity of life and that spiritual and physical life is made manifest (begins) at conception. Children are a gift from God and are to be protected and nurtured from the point of conception. (Genesis 1:26-27; Genesis 9:6; Job 10:8-12; Job 31:15; Job 33:4; Psalm 51:5; Psalm 127:3-5; Psalm 139:13-16; Jeremiah 1:5)
• We do not subscribe to nor promote agents of darkness, sorcery, witchcraft, or the occult. We do not glamorize ourselves or our readership with witches, vampires, zombies, aliens or paranormal activities/interests. (Deuteronomy 18:9-12; Leviticus 20:27; 2 Kings 21:6; 2 Kings 23:34; Isaiah 47:10-14; Galatians 5:20-21; Ephesians 5:11; Revelation 22:15)Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Faith Filled Family