Recently, archaeologists discovered more evidence of the ancient Jewish connection to Jerusalem. This discovery came during the same week that UNESCO and the Palestinian Authority had boldly declared that Jews had no ties to Jerusalem.
Archaeologists found a site where the Roman army fought against the Jewish forces while guarding the outer wall of Jerusalem during the Second Temple period. This debunks the sentiments of UNESCO and the Palestinian Authority.
These latest findings confirm the works of Josephus Flavius in the first century (The Wars of the Jews) which some historians have discredited. The clash with the Palestinian Authority comes because they believe the Second Temple period never existed. According to Josephus Flavius’ s writings, he never mentions Palestine nor Palestinians.
Previous archaeological digs have repeatedly debunked Palestinian beliefs. The unearthing of two ancient late eighth century document seals in Jerusalem provided evidence of the Jews because it was written in Hebrew- no other language tying any other group to the land.
One seal says has a man’s name inscribed on it, “Sa’adyahu ben Shebnayahu”, and the other a woman, “Elihanah bat Goel”. These are Jewish names. Experts note that the construction was in typical Judean fashion for the era.
This bears evidence that there was indeed a Jewish presence in Israel- 1,400 years before the formation of Islam.
Additionally, the world’s oldest glass kiln was discovered by a railroad track at Mount Carmel near Haifa. Professor Ian Freestone who is a specialist in the identification of the chemical composition of glass noted they prove that Israel had a production center on an international scale. Their glassware was distributed all over the Mediterranean and Europe.
The kiln has been dated to 400 CE which, according to history, is 300 years after the Romans destroyed the Second Temple killing 600,000 Jews. 1,000 Jewish cities and towns were also destroyed.
The Jews rebuilt their society, and their glass-production center exported their goods throughout the Roman Empire. Additionally, prices for “Judean glass” were found carved in a stone.
These findings call into question claims made by both groups as to who is entitled to this area.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- Could Your Marriage Be Suffering And You Don’t Even Know It? - February 16, 2018
- Harmony Possible In Marriage With God At The Head - February 12, 2018
- A Godly Marriage Sets Children Up For Success - February 7, 2018
- Chivalry: Does It Still Exist In Men, Today? - February 5, 2018
- Financial Frustration Placing Stress In Your Marriage? - February 2, 2018
- Military Families Will Maintain Strong Marriages - February 1, 2018
- Effective Communication In Marriage In FIVE Steps - January 31, 2018
- Rare Super Blue Blood Moon Occurs Tomorrow - January 30, 2018
- What Are The Keys To A Happy Marriage? - January 29, 2018
- Jon Erwin Discusses Movie Based On MercyMe - January 23, 2018