The “big debate” among parents? Whether or not to immunize their children.
There are pros and cons to this issue on both sides. One side views immunizations necessary for their children’s well being, and protection against some once fatal diseases. The other side views immunizations as unnecessary stating that the needles themselves are toxic to the body, and by avoiding immunizations, you are boosting the body’s natural immune system by exposing it to viruses.
The choice may come to an end soon, though, if Bill 522 passes.
The Bill proposed by Rep. Deborah Armstrong would remove the right for a parent or legal guardian to decide on whether to vaccinate their children or not. Every child would be required to have all of the mandated vaccines which may override the exemption based on faith.
The (HLSDA) Home School Legal Defense, a Christian nonprofit group based in Virginia, states we already have a great amount of control over children. Their stance is to let patients make choices based on religion. This statement is based on parents who feel that most of their parental and religious rights are being removed.
The HLSDA feels the amount of immunizations children are given are excessive, Over the years, the number of children fully vaccinated has significantly declined. Some physicians believe that parents no longer fear the diseases which puts focus on the vaccines.
There are cases in which some children should have a medical exemption from some vaccinations. For instance, organ transplants and HIV. However, there are alternatives in existence to the live vaccine.
A similar bill in New Mexico was defeated. All children- even those that were home schooled- are required to be vaccinated, but can reject a vaccine based on religious beliefs.
Our Two Cents:
It can be said, successfully to some extent, that there are benefits to be vaccinated. Diseases that had been previously eradicated are now making a comeback putting other children directly at risk.
On the other hand, parents should have a right to choose whether or not to immunize, and we also know scripturally that God heals. I also believe we have doctors here for a purpose, and God can work through people as well. God is the healing physician, all glory is given to him.
God, be with the family and children this Bill may impact and help parents make the right decisions for their children that is honoring to You.
God, please work in us so that we may be pleasing to you. Put your loving hands on our physicians and government. We lift up your holy name.
Luke 5:17 – And it came to pass on a certain day, as he was teaching, that there were Pharisees and doctors of the law sitting by, which were come out of every town of Galilee, and Judaea, and Jerusalem: and the power of the Lord was present to heal them.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Faith Filled Family
- Kountze Cheerleaders Celebrate by Waving Bible Versed Banners High - February 5, 2016
- Human Trafficking Issue Now Hits Small Town America Via Pornography - February 4, 2016
- Cohabitation Rates Rise Among Christians Coupled with Justifications - February 3, 2016
- Affordable Care Act Blessing or Curse to US Citizens - February 2, 2016
- US Government Advises Against North Korea Travel After Unfair Arrest - January 22, 2016
- Young Children Become Unknowing Pawns in Terrorism Game - December 16, 2015
- Republicans Seek Alternatives Regarding Affordable Care Act - December 12, 2015
- American Made Purchases Produce Jobs This Holiday Season - December 1, 2015
- Effects of Video Games on Children Conclude Mixed Findings - December 1, 2015
- Believers Should Treat All Living Things With Reverence - November 16, 2015