Billboard exclusively plays TobyMac’s new video “Love Broke Thru” which explores the power of love and compassion in the face of adversity. “Love Broke Thru” is currently impacting radio and rapidly approaching the Top 10 on the National Christian Airplay chart.
Eric Welch directed the video which discusses ongoing protests over police violence nation-wide. It depicts a young man struggling with his anger despite his grandfather’s requests for peace.
In an interview with Billboard, TobyMac stated, “When we started working on the concept for this video we were reminded daily about how divided our nation is. We didn’t want to make just another pretty music video.”
TobyMac further explains that the song was originally written about how God broke through in his life, and he thought that the video could be a symbolic picture of how the nation needs God to break through and heal its division.
“There are a lot of voices out there saying which way we should go and a lot of dialogue needs to happen but at the end of the day, we need love to break through if we are going to come together.” TobyMac says emphatically.
February 9, 2017 is the launch date for the headlining “HITS DEEP Tour” with performances by Matt Maher, Mandisa, Mac Powell (Third Day), Capital Kings, Ryan Stevenson, and Hollyn. For information on the tour and the dates, please visit tobymac.com/tour
Watch TobyMac’s “Love Broke Thru” video here:
- Self-Control: Dealing With The “I Want It Now” Syndrome In Children - April 20, 2018
- Taffi Dollar Discusses Building Strong Marriages In May Cover Story! - April 19, 2018
- North Korea And South Korea War Expected To Cease Next Week - April 19, 2018
- Kim Walker Smith Announces 2018 On My Side Tour - April 17, 2018
- Indiana’s New Law Gives Unborn Children Personhood - April 12, 2018
- What You Don’t Know About Leadership - April 10, 2018
- Kirk Cameron Joins Rep Mike Johnson In Freedom Student Summit - April 9, 2018
- Controversial Topic: How To Effectively Discipline Your Child - April 6, 2018
- Concerned Parents Planning Global Sex Education Sit Out - April 5, 2018
- Word of Knowledge On Social Media Saves A Baby From Being Aborted - April 5, 2018