Many Christians desire to feel God’s presence… but don’t. Some don’t even feel like a “spiritual” person. Also, not all people are emotionally moved by worship music, and some struggle to pray easily. Many of these “barriers” leave Christians wondering what they are doing wrong, if they have been abandoned by God, or wondering if God even exists.
Then the worst happens… they walk away from the faith.
Author, Brant Hansen wrote a book addressing these very issues entitled, “Blessed are the Misfits”. In addition to being a popular, nationally syndicated radio host, Hansen is introverted, analytical, and skeptical. Blessed are the Misfits is a book written honestly and openly, with conversational humour that Hansen is known for.
Hansen addresses popular questions such as:
- If I’m not feeling what everyone else seems to be feeling, is there something wrong with me?
- Why don’t I “hear God’s voice”?
- What does “spirituality” really look like?
- What can I reasonably expect from a “relationship with God”?
- What if I’m terrible at praying?
- Do I really need the church? I prefer to be alone.
- What if I’m not good at talking to people about my faith, or good at talking to people at all?
- What if I’m told I’m too analytical, that I “think too much”?
- Where does a person who suffers from depression fit in the kingdom? Is depression a sure sign of a lack of faith?
Blessed are the Misfits is designed to generate discussion by it’s provocative, yet personal content. In addition, Brant testifies about his own struggles of relating to God by someone who is on the autism spectrum, and who has experienced difficult and tragic events with church life.
Hansen’s book is geared towards those who want to believe, but secretly feel they don’t belong, are concerned that they aren’t emotionally ready to have a relationship with our Creator, and are craving some good news.
Faith Filled Family interviewed Brant Hansen on his book, and his personal experiences. It is a touching interview that will provide both insight and comfort to those struggling in this area.
Brant Hansen’s interview will appear in our February issue coming out on January 26, 2018!
For further information on Brant Hansen, please visit his website at www.BrantHansen.com
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2018 Faith Filled Family
- Continually Passed Up For Promotion? Why? - January 19, 2018
- Matthew West Invites Listeners To Go “All In” - January 19, 2018
- Joni & Friends VP Discusses Families Coping With Disabilities - January 18, 2018
- Atlanta Pro-Life March To Be Held This Friday - January 17, 2018
- Top 50 Countries With Highest Christian Persecution - January 11, 2018
- 529 Homeschool Bill Cut May Not Be A Bad Thing - January 8, 2018
- Why You Should Look At A Leader’s Family - January 5, 2018
- Radio Host, Brant Hansen, Discusses Being A “Misfit” - January 5, 2018
- Trials After Prophetic Word? Did I Hear From God? - January 2, 2018
- Raising Tomorrow’s Godly Leaders In An Ungodly World - December 29, 2017