Cosmopolitan magazine is geared towards women between the ages of 18-34 and contains explicit- sexually explicit- articles and pictures throughout their publication. In addition, it also often displays explicit images and teasers on the cover. Women are often immodestly clad, and the articles are largely of a sexual nature.
In addition to the content, anyone can buy Cosmopolitan. There are no age restrictions on this magazine.
Dawn Hawkins from the National Center on Sexual Exploitation is gearing up to bring families up to date on the campaign to hide the magazine cover from the eyes of minors or those who may find the contents offensive.
The campaign to put Cosmopolitan magazine behind blinders in stores is gaining momentum.
“We got RiteAid and Delhaize America, which is the owner of Food Lion and Hanniford Stores, to put Cosmopolitan magazine behind blinders,” she says. “Then Walmart got back [with us] and said that its stores will do the same thing.”
Hawkins further explains that the problem with many stores is that the racy magazine cover is at eye level where minors can see the inappropriate images. She says that their campaign is targeting 30 companies that do display Cosmopolitan at eye level.
Currently, they are in discussions with Target who had written them a letter stating that they are taking it into consideration, but they haven’t moved forward in changing their policy. Hawkins is requesting help from the public in moving Target- and any other retailer that displays the magazine at eye level with children/displaying the magazine- to change their policy.
Information on the 30 firms can be found on their website. The website also includes talking points that people can utilize in approaching management and a flyer that they can hand in to management to draw attention to this issue.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Faith Filled Family
- Raid Causes Paris Attacks to Come to an End - November 18, 2015
- Christian University Grants Benefits to Same-Sex Couples - November 17, 2015
- What Type of Leader Are You - November 9, 2015
- Christians Are You Denying Christ - November 3, 2015
- MercyMe Kicks off the Holidays with It’s Christmas - October 9, 2015
- Never Too Old to be Used By God - October 8, 2015
- Big Daddy Weave’s New Album Brings God to Life - September 17, 2015
- Jesus Army Wakes Up and Catches Holy Spirit Fire - September 9, 2015
- ACLI Shows Support for Israel in Grassroots Campaign - September 4, 2015
- Sidewalk Prophets Give Listeners Something Different - September 2, 2015