To date, more than 100,000 people have signed a petition demanding that Oklahoma cancel a satanic ritual known as a “black mass” that is scheduled to occur at a public venue this summer.
Dekhma of Angra Minyu is the satanic group overseeing the event, and was co-founded by Adam Daniels who, according to Newsbusters.com, is a registered sex offender. The black mass is to be held in August at the Oklahoma City Civic Center Music Hall.
What is Ahrimanism?
The church of Ahriman desires to establish itself apart from association with traditional Satanism because of the biblical understanding that Satan is a fallen angel who is subservient to God. Traditional Satanists believe that in the end, Satan and God will war, and Satan will merge victorious. However, the church of Ahriman feels that Ahriman is also an equally unstoppable force. They feel the “Dark Ages” is dominated by the Catholic Church, and based on their spiritual enemy Satan or Ahriman.
In addition, the event lists that only those sixteen and older are able to attend due to adult content.
A conservative Roman Catholic Group entitled, “Tradition Family Property”, is advancing a petition to cancel the event citing that Catholic protests have previously successfully cancelled a black mass at Harvard.
Petition reads, “I urge you to cancel this event which offends more than 1 billion Catholics worldwide, 200,000 Catholics in Oklahoma and countless more God-loving Americans. Sacrilege is simply NOT free speech.”
According to Christian Post, TFP’s Student Action Director, John Ritchie, describes the black mass as a double attack as it is focused on God and the Virgin Mary.
Ritchie states on TFPstudentaction.org that the black mass defiles the true meaning of mass that the Catholics view as a blessed sacrament, and defile the Virgin Mary- not for religious expression, but “rather a direct act of anti-religious bigotry and hatred against God”.
September of last year, the Dakhma of Angra Mainyu held the same black mass at the Civic Center with hundreds of protesters outside. The Oklahoma Parks and Recreation released a statement allowing for the black mass out of a fear of being taken to court. They felt that if they cancelled it, they would have been sued by the ACLU whom was watching the case intently for any hint of discrimination.
Oklahoma Parks and Recreation has cited that past attempts to interfere with free exercise of speech on the property has resulted in charges being laid, and being taken to federal court. All cases have been lost at the taxpayers’ expense.
Thus far, the TFP Student Action petition has received 104,791 signatures with a goal of 200,000. The petition and all of the information can be found here.
- Teaching Your Children How To Take Authority Over Demons - May 19, 2018
- Can Imaginary Friends Really Be Masking A Demon? - May 19, 2018
- Stepping Into The Things That Punchlines Are Made Of? - May 18, 2018
- Have Social Trends Dictated How We Are Evangelizing To Others? - May 17, 2018
- Steven Malcolm Shares Impactful Testimony In FFFM’s June Issue - May 16, 2018
- Ireland Prepares For A Deeply Emotionally Controversial Vote: Abortion Laws - May 14, 2018
- Three United States Men Released Yesterday From North Korean Prison - May 10, 2018
- 2018 K-LOVE Fan Awards Nominees Just Announced - May 8, 2018
- Know Who You Are In Christ … It Strengthens Relationships - May 7, 2018
- Married/Getting Married? We Have Tips On Laying A Firm Foundation - May 4, 2018