Capitol CMG Label Group has announced the signing of The New Respects. The band meshes rock & roll and pop with overlays of acoustic tones, falling into a genre of their own. The Nashville-based group is composed of siblings Zandy Fitzgerald, Lexi Fitzgerald and Darius Fitzgerald along with their cousin Jasmine Mullen.
“We never thought we’d be signed to a record label, so when Capitol CMG Label approached us, we were shocked,” the band said. “We were just four kids who liked playing music, and people started to listen. They listen to our ideas, our songs, our dreams and our hearts as we do our best to say something that’s worth listening to. We are extremely thankful for the team that we get to work with and honored that they love us the way they do. It still feels like a dream some days, but we’re happy it’s not.”
The band’s first single “Hey!” will be available at all digital and streaming outlets on June 10th.
“When you’re first introduced to someone you say ‘Hi,’ ‘Hello,’ ‘How are you’ or something formal like that, but when you see family and friends you just say ‘HEY!,’ and that’s how we wanted to introduce ourselves,” The New Respects said of their debut single. “We’re the best friends you didn’t know you had, and you guys – the listeners – are the family we never dreamed we’d get to meet. This song is fun and happy, and we hope everyone who hears it feels good while listening.”
The four-piece band will join The Heartland Tour, traveling alongside GRAMMY® winners Lecrae and Switchfoot hitting nines stops across the country.
- New Book Illustrates How Forgiveness Brings a ‘Change of Heart’ - November 8, 2016
- Full Circle Academy Launches Music-Maker’s Boot Camp - June 29, 2016
- Chris Tomlin’s Worship Night In America Returns This Summer - June 15, 2016
- “Skillet” Kicks Off Festival Tour at Denmark’s Jelling Festival - May 12, 2016
- K-LOVE Fan Award 2016 Nominees To Be Announced Tomorrow - May 9, 2016
- Capitol CMG and The Heartland Tour Welcomes “The New Respects” - May 9, 2016
- Hallie Todd’s “The Last Champion” Is A Family Affair - May 6, 2016
- Viral Video You Gotta Love Millennials Breaks Down Generational Barriers - May 5, 2016