Youth contend that it is not morally wrong, and justify their decision.
A majority of our youth believe that cohabitation before marriage is not morally wrong. Results published by USA Today posted 76% of adults between the ages of 18-31 are living together with 65% of those cohabitating claim to be Christians.
The rational for cohabitation ranges from “times have changed and one has to be certain of things”, or “you need to try it out first and make sure you are compatible”.
Some of the excuses being used are: we are not involved sexually, failed marriage (not wanting to divorce again), wanting financial stability, etc.
The world today is growing more permissive and tolerant of behavior that is not Christians- even when people claim to be Christians.
1 Corinthians 6:18-20
“Flee fornication. Every sin that a man does is without the body; but he that commits fornication sins against his own body. What? Know you not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which you have of God, and you are not your own? For you are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
Our Two Cents:
The world has forever changed. Not too long ago, if we knew of people that were cohabitating we felt free to express the Bible in a very loving way without anyone feeling judged. Times have changed to where it is more accepted to live in sin than to follow God’s word.
Christians, do not think your sins will not be found out! The Bible says what you do in darkness will be brought to light.
I know some very good people that live together. My thing is, yes, maybe you plan on making things right, but what if your time on earth is up and you never got the chance to make things right? Really something to think about.
Our Heavenly Father,
We pray for your revelation of what is right and wrong in your sight. We pray that your word will flow upon us that when we are doing things that are not in the image of you, that you bring it to our attention. We pray that your Holy Spirit will convict us of the things that are not godly so that we do not sin anymore. We pray for forgiveness of our sins, and that people will choose to turn from their sin and into your glory. Teach them, Lord, open their eyes, and soften their hearts in this area.
In Jesus name we pray,
- Kountze Cheerleaders Celebrate by Waving Bible Versed Banners High - February 5, 2016
- Human Trafficking Issue Now Hits Small Town America Via Pornography - February 4, 2016
- Cohabitation Rates Rise Among Christians Coupled with Justifications - February 3, 2016
- Affordable Care Act Blessing or Curse to US Citizens - February 2, 2016
- US Government Advises Against North Korea Travel After Unfair Arrest - January 22, 2016
- Young Children Become Unknowing Pawns in Terrorism Game - December 16, 2015
- Republicans Seek Alternatives Regarding Affordable Care Act - December 12, 2015
- American Made Purchases Produce Jobs This Holiday Season - December 1, 2015
- Effects of Video Games on Children Conclude Mixed Findings - December 1, 2015
- Believers Should Treat All Living Things With Reverence - November 16, 2015