In 1994, 100,000 believers were recorded as residing in Iran. Now, there are a reported three million.
Traditionally, Iran is the last place that most people associate with revival and Christian. Most of us envision blindfolded hostages, terrorist attacks, violence, and radicalism. Yet, there is another side of Iran that never sees any publicity- Iranians who love Israel and Christ.
In a report by CBN News, Middle East Bureau Chief Chris Mitchell held a discussion with believers outside of central Turkey.
Believers in this area reported that when someone gets baptized in a house church, people clap and cheer as if they were at a sporting event. Despite ensuring persecution, they are still joyful, and have an infectious faith about them.
In an interview with CBN News, a believer named Raizal told his story:
“Growing up I wanted to say I grew up [with] Jesus Christ. Every time, His name was in my mind. And the next moment I started liking Christianity. It was really sweet to me, the feelings, the stories, everything. So by the time I was 15, I believed in Him and I said I want to be a Christian.”
Many refugees have fled to Turkey from Iran. In Turkey, they are able to seek refugee status with the United Nations. Some have reported that it’s like coming out of the darkness.
Many claim that the atmosphere is different than in Iran. They can now preach the gospel freely to others. They are free to praise God, and attend church.
On the Run
Many Iranians have fled for their lives. Iranians are unable to pray to God without experiencing persecution or even death. If someone even dares to utter the words, “Jesus Christ” they may face death.
Yet despite the risks, these believers have maintained their faith. Some have began or found church homes that are connected to the internet. House churches via Skype have been lead in Iran, the United States, Canada, Germany and Malaysia.
Raizal reports that there is a revival underway within the Islamic Republic of Iran.
“Right now you can see the results of the Holy Spirit,” he reports. “From 1994, there were about 100,000 Believers. Right now, there are 3 million. You can see what the Holy Spirit is doing with the people.”
Additionally, many people are coming to Christ through dreams and visions.
Amazingly, despite all the risks, persecution, and being forced to leave their homes, Christians in this area are joyful. Most desire to achieve refugee status through the U.N. and immigrate to other countries.
In the interim, however, most want and need our prayers over the church in Iran.
- Affair Proof Your Marriage With Six “Hedges” With Nancy C. Anderson - March 23, 2018
- Mindfulness Meditation Being Taught In Schools- Parents Be Aware! - March 22, 2018
- I Can Only Imagine Movie Surprise Box Office Hit! - March 19, 2018
- Holy Spirit “Moves” Explained: What’s Real And Contrived - March 16, 2018
- David Green (Hobby Lobby) Featured In April Issue Of FFFM - March 15, 2018
- Bible Verse Ad On Billboard Accepted Then Refused By Agency - March 15, 2018
- Unrepentant Sin: What Happens Before We Enter Heaven? - March 14, 2018
- Taffi Dollar Announces 2018 Radical Revolution Conference - March 13, 2018
- Demonic Activity: Why Hollywood Got It Wrong - March 12, 2018
- Azusafest Prophetic Conference Coming In April - March 8, 2018