It was so exciting to my kids that the schools were closed on Good Friday and Monday. They looked forward to getting Easter baskets and eating lots and lots of candy. My daughter’s class actually had an Easter Egg Hunt at school on Wednesday; on Thursday, each class flowered a cross in memory of Jesus’s crucifixion. I love this time of year!
As usual, there was an overflow in the church parking lot. Families came to celebrate Easter, which I also refer to as Resurrection Sunday. We remembered the ultimate sacrifice—Jesus was crucified so that we may live. He was buried in a borrowed tomb. But on the third day, he rose from the dead.
I thought about those 3 days. The day that his enemies thought they put an end to this ‘Savior talk’. The day they thought they weakened His huge following and put an end to those so-called miracles being performed. And that is where it gets exciting for me because after Jesus’ resurrection, thousands of years later, we’re still here celebrating! It speaks to Christ’s amazing leadership in building his magnificent brand! Yes, Jesus has a globally recognizable brand. One that has stood the test of time.
Wouldn’t it be amazing to have a brand like that?
I know you know the difference between a Coke versus Pepsi, right? Or McDonald’s versus Wendy’s fries. Well, that’s because we recognize many brands by their logo, color, taste, or even smell. Now let me ask you a question: If Coke changed its recipe, would you still drink it? Would it still be “Coke”? I think not. But how did these brands become global giants AND what did Jesus do?
Brands aren’t built overnight. They come with consistency. Take Jesus’s leadership as an example. He was consistent. See for yourself. Even as they crucified him, he was still the same. You, too, have to be consistent to build a lasting brand. Start with the end in mind, as God did for Jesus. Ask yourself, how do you want others to see you, your company, or your leadership, and be that TODAY.
- VOICELESS Movie Speaks to the Silent Church - September 16, 2016
- Take the Mommy Test: What Kind of Mom Are You? - August 12, 2016
- Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade Anyone? Twenty Words that Sell Themselves - July 28, 2016
- Valuable Persuasive Leadership Lesson: What Not to Do - June 30, 2016
- Book You Are Not Normal Inspires Christians to Stand Out - June 8, 2016
- Trish Donohue Writes to Moms Who Want to Disciple Through Relationship - May 25, 2016
- Millionaires Chalk Success Up to Hard Work and Family Values - May 24, 2016
- The Courage to Lead When No One Wants to Follow - May 24, 2016
- Purpose Sells, Not Products - April 26, 2016
- Effective Leadership is More Than Just a Great Message - April 6, 2016