Cotton Says U.S. Has Moral Imperative to Help
Arizona Senator, Tom Cotton (R) has proposed a new bill which would make it easier for Christians and other minorities fleeing from ISIS to receive sanctuary in the United States.
ThinkProgress.com reports that during an interview with radio host Kevin Miller, Cotton revealed his thoughts and prayers to those affected in Brussels terrorist attack on Monday. Cotton also discussed his Religious Persecution Relief Act commenting that ISIS’ ongoing threats to the Middle East, Europe, and around the globe highlights the need to help those affected by the violence.
Traditionally, Cotton has been in opposition to the Obama Administration’s efforts to welcome refugees, which has included supporting a bill aimed to halt the influx of Middle Eastern refugees into the U.S. Cotton now believes that the U.S. has a moral imperative to help those who are being persecuted for their faith.
“I think the U.S. has a moral imperative to try and save these Christians and the other small minority groups,” he said. “So I would create a special kind of visa program that wouldn’t take any access away from anyone else in the United States, but would recognize that Christians — like Jews in the Soviet Union — are being singled out for persecution and elimination. That’s in our interest, as it is in combating the Islamic State.”
The new bill would put aside 10,000 resettlement slots annually to be devoted to Syrian religious minorities who are seeking refuge in the U.S.
- Teaching Your Children How To Take Authority Over Demons - May 19, 2018
- Can Imaginary Friends Really Be Masking A Demon? - May 19, 2018
- Stepping Into The Things That Punchlines Are Made Of? - May 18, 2018
- Have Social Trends Dictated How We Are Evangelizing To Others? - May 17, 2018
- Steven Malcolm Shares Impactful Testimony In FFFM’s June Issue - May 16, 2018
- Ireland Prepares For A Deeply Emotionally Controversial Vote: Abortion Laws - May 14, 2018
- Three United States Men Released Yesterday From North Korean Prison - May 10, 2018
- 2018 K-LOVE Fan Awards Nominees Just Announced - May 8, 2018
- Know Who You Are In Christ … It Strengthens Relationships - May 7, 2018
- Married/Getting Married? We Have Tips On Laying A Firm Foundation - May 4, 2018