Cotton Says U.S. Has Moral Imperative to Help
Arizona Senator, Tom Cotton (R) has proposed a new bill which would make it easier for Christians and other minorities fleeing from ISIS to receive sanctuary in the United States.
ThinkProgress.com reports that during an interview with radio host Kevin Miller, Cotton revealed his thoughts and prayers to those affected in Brussels terrorist attack on Monday. Cotton also discussed his Religious Persecution Relief Act commenting that ISIS’ ongoing threats to the Middle East, Europe, and around the globe highlights the need to help those affected by the violence.
Traditionally, Cotton has been in opposition to the Obama Administration’s efforts to welcome refugees, which has included supporting a bill aimed to halt the influx of Middle Eastern refugees into the U.S. Cotton now believes that the U.S. has a moral imperative to help those who are being persecuted for their faith.
“I think the U.S. has a moral imperative to try and save these Christians and the other small minority groups,” he said. “So I would create a special kind of visa program that wouldn’t take any access away from anyone else in the United States, but would recognize that Christians — like Jews in the Soviet Union — are being singled out for persecution and elimination. That’s in our interest, as it is in combating the Islamic State.”
The new bill would put aside 10,000 resettlement slots annually to be devoted to Syrian religious minorities who are seeking refuge in the U.S.
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- 13th Annual Elijah List Ministries Conference Just Announced - November 17, 2017
- How Do You Teach Children How to Flow In The Supernatural? - November 16, 2017
- President Trump Engages in “The Ultimate Deal”- Peace Talks Ensue - November 15, 2017
- How Do You Teach Your Children To Heal Others? - November 14, 2017
- Dream Speak: Is It God, Satan, Or Just Me? - November 13, 2017
- Gretchen Keskeys Discusses New Album, “Pure Hope” - November 11, 2017
- Spirit of Discernment, Wisdom, Or Is it Just Me? - November 8, 2017
- 5 Reasons Sleep is Key for Success - November 7, 2017
- Do Your Dreams Have Meaning? What Is God Saying? - November 2, 2017
- Have You Ever Wondered “God, Why Am I Here?” - November 2, 2017