Our children are being taught about homosexuality at a very early age in schools, and it is taught from a tolerance standpoint- not a biblical. Children’s reactions can go to many difference extremes ranging from complete acceptance of homosexuality and embracing the alternative lifestyle, to outright aggression and bullying.
While we do not want our children to be agressive towards others, or to perpetuate hate, they should be informed about what the Bible really says on this topic. If we, as parents, accept the Bible as absolute truth, then we need to teach our children what that truth is- otherwise they will be fed lies from the enemy.
It may be an awkward conversation, but in today’s age, it is becoming a more critical conversations.
In the book, Critical Conversations: A Christian Parents’ Guide to Discussing Homosexuality with Teens, author Tom Gilson provides parents with information on what to say when their children come home with questions about the subject, and how to deal with it. It helps parents approach the subject from a biblical standpoint, and also gives a history behind the evolution of homosexuality.
Faith Filled Family was priviledged to be able to interview Tom Gilson on his new book for our May issue that will be released on our website tomorrow.
- Teaching Your Children How To Take Authority Over Demons - May 19, 2018
- Can Imaginary Friends Really Be Masking A Demon? - May 19, 2018
- Stepping Into The Things That Punchlines Are Made Of? - May 18, 2018
- Have Social Trends Dictated How We Are Evangelizing To Others? - May 17, 2018
- Steven Malcolm Shares Impactful Testimony In FFFM’s June Issue - May 16, 2018
- Ireland Prepares For A Deeply Emotionally Controversial Vote: Abortion Laws - May 14, 2018
- Three United States Men Released Yesterday From North Korean Prison - May 10, 2018
- 2018 K-LOVE Fan Awards Nominees Just Announced - May 8, 2018
- Know Who You Are In Christ … It Strengthens Relationships - May 7, 2018
- Married/Getting Married? We Have Tips On Laying A Firm Foundation - May 4, 2018