Our children are being taught about homosexuality at a very early age in schools, and it is taught from a tolerance standpoint- not a biblical. Children’s reactions can go to many difference extremes ranging from complete acceptance of homosexuality and embracing the alternative lifestyle, to outright aggression and bullying.
While we do not want our children to be agressive towards others, or to perpetuate hate, they should be informed about what the Bible really says on this topic. If we, as parents, accept the Bible as absolute truth, then we need to teach our children what that truth is- otherwise they will be fed lies from the enemy.
It may be an awkward conversation, but in today’s age, it is becoming a more critical conversations.
In the book, Critical Conversations: A Christian Parents’ Guide to Discussing Homosexuality with Teens, author Tom Gilson provides parents with information on what to say when their children come home with questions about the subject, and how to deal with it. It helps parents approach the subject from a biblical standpoint, and also gives a history behind the evolution of homosexuality.
Faith Filled Family was priviledged to be able to interview Tom Gilson on his new book for our May issue that will be released on our website tomorrow.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- Top 50 Countries With Highest Christian Persecution - January 11, 2018
- 529 Homeschool Bill Cut May Not Be A Bad Thing - January 8, 2018
- Why You Should Look At A Leader’s Family - January 5, 2018
- Radio Host, Brant Hansen, Discusses Being A “Misfit” - January 5, 2018
- Trials After Prophetic Word? Did I Hear From God? - January 2, 2018
- Raising Tomorrow’s Godly Leaders In An Ungodly World - December 29, 2017
- Would Jesus Be Proud Of Your Leadership? - December 29, 2017
- Show Me God’s Blessings In All Areas For 2018 - December 27, 2017
- Higher Vision Worship Is January Music Spotlight - December 23, 2017
- Comedian Tim Loveless On January Cover - December 22, 2017