Recording artist and composer, David Baloche, released his scripture-based debut album, Labyrinth, worldwide on March 24, 2o17. Labyrinth quickly hit iTunes top 10 Christian & Gospel Chart in its first week at digital retail. Labyrinth is a unique musical meditation that uses various translations from scripture, and was David’s first project focusing directly on dealing with anxiety and stress.
Labyrinth was executively produced by WILDFIRE7, and father Paul Baloche whom David had collaborated with on Paul’s last release. David’s new album can be used by listeners ask a tool to enter into personal and corporate prayer with scriptures. David Baloche additionally plays piano, acoustic guitar, clarinet, trumpet, and almost all the instrumentation on the album- incredibly talented!
Labyrinth features “He Hears My Voice” (based on Psalm 55:16-17), “Nothing Can Separate” (based on Romans 8:38), “Those Who Hope” (on Isaiah 40:31), and seven additional songs.
“The Labyrinth project isn’t an escape; it’s an encounter… with one’s self and with God,” says David Baloche, who is also a New York City-based artist and high school teacher. “It is a sonic labyrinth, a song experience to prepare for scripture and worship, as if to say, ‘pay attention, we’re headed for something deeper’.”
Father, Paul Baloche, comments, “The promises of God help transform our thinking and calm our souls. In an anxious and busy world, Labyrinth is a powerful way to experience God’s Word while filling our hearts and minds with His peace through verbatim scripture set to ambient music… allowing us to soak in God’s Word.”
Faith Filled Family Magazine’s Sharon Johnson was privileged to interview David Baloche and his album for our upcoming issue, and David will grace our cover page for this edition. Our interview will highlight David as a person, as well as his music.
Our next issue comes out June 26, 2017.
- Can Your Earthly Father Skew Your Perception on God’s Forgiveness? - August 17, 2017
- Chris & Stephanie Teague Discuss How God Restored Their Marriage - August 12, 2017
- In The Eye Of The Storm? Unlock The Key To Perfect Peace! - August 9, 2017
- Feeling Burdened By A Situation? We Have The Key To Your Joy! - August 9, 2017
- “Mully” Depicts An Inspirational True Life Rags To Riches Story - August 8, 2017
- When We Are Weak, He Is Strong. Learn How to Access His Strength! - August 7, 2017
- Natasha Owens Discusses Inspiration Behind Latest Album With FFFM - August 4, 2017
- Why How You Treat Your Parents Effects Life Expectancy - August 2, 2017
- Are You Temporal Or Eternally Minded When It Comes To Heaven? - August 2, 2017
- God, I Want You To Move That Mountain Right… NOW! - July 31, 2017
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.