David Green is the founder of Hobby Lobby, which is the largest privately owned arts-and-crafts retailer globally. Hobby Lobby operates 600 stores in forty-seven states, and grosses 3.6 billion dollars annually. The company employs over 32,000 people.
David Green released his book, “Giving It All Away… And Getting It Back Again” last year, in which he discussed building a legacy based on giving. Green believes that giving leads to getting back what every family should want in life: togetherness, family prayer time, and sharing in life with joy.
He recounts the story of Hobby Lobby’s beginnings, and caring for the small things. He also discusses the difference between having and hoarding verses giving and generosity, working for God versus man, and that it’s never too soon to think about what you want your legacy to be.
Green is a testament of how incorporating these principles can change your life as Hobby Lobby almost filed for bankruptcy in 1986, and again when the Supreme Court challenged their right to life beliefs in 2014. In both of these cases, Green has emerged from these challenges victorious.
Green’s most unique aspect is that he views life as an adventure! However, his life personifies one of personal rewards through faith, a powerful legacy to his family, and a life that changes the lives of those around you. He is passionate about his faith, and devoted to his family. He currently serves on the Board of Reference for Oral Roberts University, and was honoured in 2013 by receiving the World Changer award.
David Green and his wife, Barbara, have two sons and one daughter, are the grandparents of ten children, and great grandparents to eight.
Marie White interviewed David Green and discussed his book, his company, and more importantly, his love of Christ and family resonates throughout the interview.
David Green’s interview and more coming in our April issue begin released on March 26th.
- Self-Control: Dealing With The “I Want It Now” Syndrome In Children - April 20, 2018
- Taffi Dollar Discusses Building Strong Marriages In May Cover Story! - April 19, 2018
- North Korea And South Korea War Expected To Cease Next Week - April 19, 2018
- Kim Walker Smith Announces 2018 On My Side Tour - April 17, 2018
- Indiana’s New Law Gives Unborn Children Personhood - April 12, 2018
- What You Don’t Know About Leadership - April 10, 2018
- Kirk Cameron Joins Rep Mike Johnson In Freedom Student Summit - April 9, 2018
- Controversial Topic: How To Effectively Discipline Your Child - April 6, 2018
- Concerned Parents Planning Global Sex Education Sit Out - April 5, 2018
- Word of Knowledge On Social Media Saves A Baby From Being Aborted - April 5, 2018