While many of us look to our parents as a source of wisdom and guidance, marital issues should be discussed between spouses.
Even though we may be looking for a supportive ear to vent on, marital issues should never be discussed with your parents as it creates division in your marriage. While your parents may be sympathetic and supportive, they will most definitely side with their children. By involving your parents, they will see your spouse in a negative instead of positive light, and you are not protecting the relationship. Additionally, a negative perception is difficult to overcome- especially if you don’t know that one exists, or in relationships that are already strained to begin with.
Our February issue will discuss how to resolve marital disputes with your spouse and all of the reasons that it is wise to leave your parents out of the discussion. We will also discuss how to repair a fractured in-law relationship and get things back on track in a more possitive light.
Additionally, we will talk about why scripture tells husbands and wives to “leave and cleave” to each other, and the wisdom behind it.
Our February edition will discuss issues like this and many more as we explore how to heal, improve, and restore family relationships. Our focus, in this issue, is the restoration and healing of broken relationships. We will teach you how to walk in victory in the most difficult of circumstances, and how to pray over relationships that appear as if they just won’t budge.
Our next issue comes out January 26, 2017.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- Could Your Marriage Be Suffering And You Don’t Even Know It? - February 16, 2018
- Harmony Possible In Marriage With God At The Head - February 12, 2018
- A Godly Marriage Sets Children Up For Success - February 7, 2018
- Chivalry: Does It Still Exist In Men, Today? - February 5, 2018
- Financial Frustration Placing Stress In Your Marriage? - February 2, 2018
- Military Families Will Maintain Strong Marriages - February 1, 2018
- Effective Communication In Marriage In FIVE Steps - January 31, 2018
- Rare Super Blue Blood Moon Occurs Tomorrow - January 30, 2018
- What Are The Keys To A Happy Marriage? - January 29, 2018
- Jon Erwin Discusses Movie Based On MercyMe - January 23, 2018