According to Racheal Kowert PHD, we should be checking out games to see if they are negatively affecting our child’s life.
Rachael is taking on the topic of ” The Video Debate,’ unraveling the physical and psychological effects of video games,”
The research on video games and their effects has been a mixed perspective. Some games have a negative effect, but there are ones with a positive effect as well, depending on the game.
Kowbert believes that video games should be scrutinized- just like film and television shows.
When asked about games, violence and their correlation, it cannot be completely ruled out and to keep in mind, pertaining to violence and its effects, genetics and personality traits.
Our two cents;
As far as games go, parents need to use their best judgment. You know your children like no other. You need to ask yourself how they handle situations, and are they easily influenced.
Monitor the video games for violence, bad language, and read the ratings on the games. Stay involved in your children’s decision making.
Our Heavenly Father we pray for guidance as we try to do the best for our children as they grow up in an ever changing world. We pray that you give us the teachings to show our children their way to you. In Jesus name we pray.
- Kountze Cheerleaders Celebrate by Waving Bible Versed Banners High - February 5, 2016
- Human Trafficking Issue Now Hits Small Town America Via Pornography - February 4, 2016
- Cohabitation Rates Rise Among Christians Coupled with Justifications - February 3, 2016
- Affordable Care Act Blessing or Curse to US Citizens - February 2, 2016
- US Government Advises Against North Korea Travel After Unfair Arrest - January 22, 2016
- Young Children Become Unknowing Pawns in Terrorism Game - December 16, 2015
- Republicans Seek Alternatives Regarding Affordable Care Act - December 12, 2015
- American Made Purchases Produce Jobs This Holiday Season - December 1, 2015
- Effects of Video Games on Children Conclude Mixed Findings - December 1, 2015
- Believers Should Treat All Living Things With Reverence - November 16, 2015