Beloved evangelist, Billy Graham, went to be with the Lord this morning at his home in Montreat, North Carolina. According to a family spokesperson, the cause of death was natural causes. Billy Graham was 99 years old at the time of his passing.
Graham was well-known for his worldwide evangelistic crusades. He founded the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association which contains resources for growing one’s faith, and answers that Graham gave to readers’ inquiries and much more.
According to the Huffington Post, at the age of 16, Billy Graham was converted after attending a revival meeting held by Mordecai Ham. Ham’s sermons are said to have had a spiritual awakening for Graham, and two months later he attended Bob Jones College. However, the doctrines didn’t line up with his beliefs, and he later transferred to Florida Bible Institute. He answered the call of God on his life, and was ordained in 1939. He later went on to marry Ruth McCue Bell four years later. The couple had six children together, two which include Reverend Franklin Graham and Anne Graham Lots who is the founder of AnGeL Ministries.
Graham had a world-wide evangelistic ministry, and preached the gospel everywhere. He came into contact with many world leaders and influential people including Martin Luther King Jr., and Queen Elizabeth II.
NPR noted, “He preached to more than 200 million people in 185 countries, counseled presidents, and led mass religious rallies that featured professional musicians and huge choirs, in venues ranging from a circus tent in Los Angeles to Yankee Stadium in New York.”
Graham has been heralded as “the most influential (Christian) person of all time”.
We pray the peace of God over Billy Graham’s family, and are thankful to the Lord for his impact into both this world, and for the kingdom.
- 71% Of Kids Hide Internet Activity. Could Yours Be One Of Them? - May 26, 2018
- Elevation Worship Hallelujah Here Below Tour On Sale Now - May 25, 2018
- President Trump Cancels North Korea Nuclear Summit - May 24, 2018
- President Trump Delivers Heartfelt Speech On Abortion - May 23, 2018
- Teaching Your Children How To Take Authority Over Demons - May 19, 2018
- Can Imaginary Friends Really Be Masking A Demon? - May 19, 2018
- Stepping Into The Things That Punchlines Are Made Of? - May 18, 2018
- Have Social Trends Dictated How We Are Evangelizing To Others? - May 17, 2018
- Steven Malcolm Shares Impactful Testimony In FFFM’s June Issue - May 16, 2018
- Ireland Prepares For A Deeply Emotionally Controversial Vote: Abortion Laws - May 14, 2018