EWTN, a global Catholic Network, has partnered with Susan B. Anthony List to launch a new weekly program which will both inform and educate viewers on current political issues surrounding “advancing the culture of life”.
“EWTN Pro-Life Weekly” launches its January special on Thursday, January 26 at 5:00pm ET with and encore presentation on Friday, January 27 at 5:30pm ET. Subsequently, the program will air weekly every Friday at 11:00 pm ET, Sunday at 10:00am ET, and Monday at 3:00am ET commencing March 3, 2017.
EWTN Chairman and CEO, Michael P. Warsaw said, “Despite the fact that there are many signs of hope, our culture continues to chip away at the right to life from conception to natural death.”
“I believe this is the perfect time to produce a show that takes pro-life reporting and analysis to the next level. ‘EWTN Pro-Life Weekly’ not only seeks to inform, but also to show viewers how to engage everyone from their friends and neighbors to their elected representatives on the life issues. The show will also focus on those who are already doing great work, such as the Susan B. Anthony List. Our goal is that viewers will be motivated, inspired, and equipped to make a difference,” he continued.
EWTN Pro-Life Weekly, according to Susan B. Anthony List President, Marjorie Dannenfelser, will “go beyond delivering news”. It will generate a call to action for viewers to become more active in legislation protecting the rights of unborn children and their mothers. The program will provide political insight, legislative analysis, and relationships with legislators and media members to create a dynamic program.
” The show will collapse the distance between the White House, Congress, the press, and those at home who care deeply about saving unborn boys and girls, who want to know what more than can do. Viewers will meet the key players, see what they see, and become a part of the grassroots army engaged in high-stakes fights. With a pro-life White House and Congress, our movement is in the strongest position possible to advance historic protections for the unborn,” commented Dannenfelser.
EWTN News Nightly correspondent, Catherine Szeltner, will be the host for the program. Szeltner says the goal of the program is to engage viewers to become more actively involved in the pro-life movement. It will ask questions such as what are the expectations, whether they are realistic, what is Congress currently debating, and holding lawmakers accountable for their pro-life promises. The show will feature a call to action to engage people in the fight for life- which is the main goal of the program.
Additionally, the show will focus on pro-life issues in all stages of life from conception to our golden years.
Szeltner commented, “We will be the authoritative resource for the latest pro-life news. We’ll explain what’s happened each week, especially as it concerns abortion and assisted suicide. We also want to be a platform for dialogue on confusing questions so viewers can walk away feeling more confident about engaging in the discussion. We’ll end with a segment on a group or person who is building up the culture of life.”
The premiere will air before the March for Life and includes expectations from the Trump Administration, ways to become involved, and an interview with an abortion attempt survivor.
- The Case For Christ Will Turn Any Atheist Into A Believer… Hands Down! - April 19, 2017
- John Hagee Ministries Righteous Revolution Conference Returns For A Second Year - April 13, 2017
- Wheels of Hope Rising Foundation Gives Hope To Africa’s Underpriviledged - April 12, 2017
- The Hidden Truth About Down Syndrome: Do You Know The Reality? - April 10, 2017
- A Childhood Physical Disability Does Not Mean Limitations In Life - April 10, 2017
- Bullying Labels Your Child With Negative Words: Learn How To Erase Them - April 5, 2017
- God’s Plan And Purpose For A Special Needs Child Are Not Limited - April 4, 2017
- Parents, Do You Need Peace, Strength, and Energy? It’s A Prayer Away! - April 3, 2017
- “Your Child Has Special Needs”: Parents, What Do You Do? - March 31, 2017
- Unforgiveness? A Bondage? Gotta Break That Chain! - March 17, 2017