If you’ve been married for a long time, or known of a couple who has been married for a long time, one of the most common asked questions is, “What is the key to your success?”.
No one enters into a marriage with the thought that if it doesn’t work, I can get a divorce. We enter into it with the intent that we will grow old together, and with a sense of commitment. Unfortunately, life and circumstances creep into our marriages, and without being equipped with the proper tools, many marriages simply dissolve- about 50% of them. According to marriage.com, the top reasons for divorce are cited as follows:
- Lack of Communication
- Constant Arguing
- Weight Gain/Problems with Intimacy
- Unrealistic Expectations
- Lack of Intimacy
- Lack of Equality
- Not Being Prepared
In our March issue, we address these common issues in marriage. We take these common challenges back to the Bible and demonstrate that there is no situation that God cannot repair in a marriage. Often, simple solutions, honest, open communication, and a willing attitude are enough to put a marriage back on the road to success. Also, in addition to addressing these issues, we’ve added a few of our own! We’ve chosen to address how husbands and wives should treat each other- really treat each other according to scripture. Often, how we are taught to treat each other by the world is only a recipe for disaster in terms of marriage. Unfortunately, most couples are not taught the biblical roles that they should play in marriage, and why this is so. For some, it may sound out-dated and old-fashioned. However, if you are honest, it may be the source of your unhappiness.
Love your spouse? Want to know the keys to having that long-lasting marriage where you are head-over-heels in love with each other? Read our next issue coming out on February 26, 2018!
Don’t want to miss the issue? Sign up for our free subscription and have it delivered straight to your inbox!Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2018 Faith Filled Family
- Could Your Marriage Be Suffering And You Don’t Even Know It? - February 16, 2018
- Harmony Possible In Marriage With God At The Head - February 12, 2018
- A Godly Marriage Sets Children Up For Success - February 7, 2018
- Chivalry: Does It Still Exist In Men, Today? - February 5, 2018
- Financial Frustration Placing Stress In Your Marriage? - February 2, 2018
- Military Families Will Maintain Strong Marriages - February 1, 2018
- Effective Communication In Marriage In FIVE Steps - January 31, 2018
- Rare Super Blue Blood Moon Occurs Tomorrow - January 30, 2018
- What Are The Keys To A Happy Marriage? - January 29, 2018
- Jon Erwin Discusses Movie Based On MercyMe - January 23, 2018