Fox recently announced a new faith-based talk show to premiere this summer entitled, “The Preachers”
The talk show will feature four megachurch pastors: John Gray (Associate Pastor at Lakewood Church in Houston) who will lead, E. Dewey Smith Jr. (Senior Pastor of The House of Hope in Atlanta), Orrick Quick (Pastor/Founder of God Seekers Church in High Point) and Jamal Bryant (Pastor/Founder of Empowerment Temple AME Church in Balitmore)
“It’s gonna be great if you consider, this is the largest generation of Americans who have faith but don’t participate in organized religion. So to have an opportunity for them to explore faith and talk about contemporary [issues] is bringing sanctuary in a brown paper bag,” he said.Bryant commented that the title “Preachers” is a bit deceiving because they will be discussing pop culture, sports, politics, and philosophy and offering their own unique perspectives on the topic. He said, however, that what the viewer leaves with is a message of hope, and hopefully a good laugh.
Smith promised that the group will not avoid controversial topics as selected by their producers that many churches consider to be off limits.
“Sometimes churches shy away from things that are controversial and we want to play it safe. So on our show, we’re gonna keep it real. We’re gonna press those topics,” he said.
He said that in term of authenticity, millennials who do not identify with traditions of faith view the church as “pretentious”. He commented that he is thankful for the chance to use the program as a platform to demonstrate that preachers are real and transparent.
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- 13th Annual Elijah List Ministries Conference Just Announced - November 17, 2017
- How Do You Teach Children How to Flow In The Supernatural? - November 16, 2017
- President Trump Engages in “The Ultimate Deal”- Peace Talks Ensue - November 15, 2017
- How Do You Teach Your Children To Heal Others? - November 14, 2017
- Dream Speak: Is It God, Satan, Or Just Me? - November 13, 2017
- Gretchen Keskeys Discusses New Album, “Pure Hope” - November 11, 2017
- Spirit of Discernment, Wisdom, Or Is it Just Me? - November 8, 2017
- 5 Reasons Sleep is Key for Success - November 7, 2017
- Do Your Dreams Have Meaning? What Is God Saying? - November 2, 2017
- Have You Ever Wondered “God, Why Am I Here?” - November 2, 2017