Getting married is always a big step in a couple’s life. It involves making a commitment to another person for a lifetime, and involved the joining together of two separate people into one flesh.
While the world paints a picture of finding that “soulmate” or “perfect person” in which to spend the rest of your life with, and ending with the phrase, “And they lived happily ever after”, we know that marriage takes commitment. It isn’t a “happily ever after” scenario. Couples who will be married the longest have learned that communication, willingness to compromise, and unwavering commitment are the keys to longevity in marriage. The most useful statement that I have ever heard regarding love in marriage is that love is a choice. Lasting love is not a feeling because it can fade, or ebb and flow. Loving someone is a choice- it’s a commitment that even if things aren’t perfect, when we are struggling, even when our spouse seems “unlovable” by the things they say/do, we choose to love them anyway. It is the example of Christ’s love for us that we should exhibit to our spouses.
Our June issue is dedicated to all of the couples who are engaged, and looking forward to a future filled with the promises of God over their marriage. We will help each couple to lay a firm foundation of success in married life- success with God at the centre and with each other. This is also a wonderful issue for couples who are already married, because we tackle issues that are common in marriage as well.
It is our desire to see families/couples strong and thriving for Christ. This issue will lay a firm foundation in each marriage that cannot be broken. May our marriages be shining examples of Christ’s love.
- 71% Of Kids Hide Internet Activity. Could Yours Be One Of Them? - May 26, 2018
- Elevation Worship Hallelujah Here Below Tour On Sale Now - May 25, 2018
- President Trump Cancels North Korea Nuclear Summit - May 24, 2018
- President Trump Delivers Heartfelt Speech On Abortion - May 23, 2018
- Teaching Your Children How To Take Authority Over Demons - May 19, 2018
- Can Imaginary Friends Really Be Masking A Demon? - May 19, 2018
- Stepping Into The Things That Punchlines Are Made Of? - May 18, 2018
- Have Social Trends Dictated How We Are Evangelizing To Others? - May 17, 2018
- Steven Malcolm Shares Impactful Testimony In FFFM’s June Issue - May 16, 2018
- Ireland Prepares For A Deeply Emotionally Controversial Vote: Abortion Laws - May 14, 2018