Are you afraid to stand up for your faith? Most of us would dismiss this idea as ludicrous! Of course, we would stand up for our faith; with our friends, family, church members, those in the body… You know, “safe” people having safe conversations. No feathers are being ruffled, no real consequences for voicing our love of God. But what about when you are confronted with situations that are “unsafe”- when what you believe comes into question or you are asked to do something that goes against what you believe? What road will you choose when the pressure is on?
The easy road is to suppress what you know in your heart is the right path to go down the road of least resistance. We justify it as “playing the game”, “God will understand”, “I’ll ask for forgiveness later”, or a myriad of other excuses while ignoring the real issue. Your motivation for making your decision is based out of fear. Yet you ignore:
- God didn’t give us a spirit of fear but of a sound mind. We have nothing to fear.
- Our future does not lay in man’s hands, but in God’s. It is God who determines our future- not man- and we cannot place our faith in man over God.
- If the worst should happen, we have to believe that God will take care of us. The Bible says that we will be persecuted for His name’s sake and that if the world hates you, know that it hated Him first. We will endure persecution- but we also have someone fighting on our behalf. It is someone who will neither leave nor forsake us. He is always there in time of trial.
You can say, “Well, it’s not your business that will suffer if you take a stand.” While that may be true, your decisions do impact your eternity with God- and eternity means forever. So while this world is only temporary- just a snapshot of an overall picture- what do you want your forever to be?
“Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father in heaven.” Matthew 32-33
If your business is taken away, do you not trust that God will provide?
“Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.” Ephesians 3:25
Our March issue will discuss why we should always remain faithful to God in all that we do- thought, words and actions. We will also discuss the dangers of denying Christ and what effect that has on our eternity.
Even though the world may not want to hear the Word of God, Christians are rendered ineffective if they refuse to take a stand for what they know is right. The Bible and daily living are one and the same- there is no separation. God should be in everything that we do, and the Bible does not state that there are rules for one, but not the other. This issue will teach you how to stand up for your faith in a godly fashion- but not forsake your faith.
Our next issue comes out February 27th.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Faith Filled Family
- Could Your Marriage Be Suffering And You Don’t Even Know It? - February 16, 2018
- Harmony Possible In Marriage With God At The Head - February 12, 2018
- A Godly Marriage Sets Children Up For Success - February 7, 2018
- Chivalry: Does It Still Exist In Men, Today? - February 5, 2018
- Financial Frustration Placing Stress In Your Marriage? - February 2, 2018
- Military Families Will Maintain Strong Marriages - February 1, 2018
- Effective Communication In Marriage In FIVE Steps - January 31, 2018
- Rare Super Blue Blood Moon Occurs Tomorrow - January 30, 2018
- What Are The Keys To A Happy Marriage? - January 29, 2018
- Jon Erwin Discusses Movie Based On MercyMe - January 23, 2018