After Jesus’ death and resurrection, God leaves us with two commandments: to love God with our entire soul, mind, body and spirit, and to love one another. Love is mentioned to cover a multitude of sins. Why? Because when we walk in love, we have compassion- not judgement- over others. We can see others without malice, and without anger. When we do, it becomes easier not to take offence because you know that things were not done to harm you.
- “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” John 13:34
- John 15:12 commands us to, “love one another as I loved you.”
- In Galatians 5:14, God says, “For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
So What Is Love?
Love is loving one another as God loves you. God is a God of love. It is because He loved His children so much that He sacrificed His only Son on the cross so that we may live in eternity with Him and for the redemption of all sin. God’s love has no conditions, no expectations, no boundaries, and no “strings attached”. It is simply a pure, deep, unconditional love. It is the love of a Father who does everything for His children. It is a Father who lovingly corrects because sin hurts Him- it hurts Him because He sees the greatness in us and doesn’t want us to go down a path of destruction. It fulfills and sustains us, and makes us whole. It heals all hurts, and washes away every tear.
God commands us to give that love that He fills us up with, and extend it to others so that they, too, may experience the same love of Christ, for it is His desire that none should perish. In it, the love of Christ should overflow in each one of us onto others. The same grace and mercy that we expect from God- the same love- we should exhibit to others including those that do not know Christ so that by our example, people will be lead to come to Him.
Our August issue discusses God as love. It outlines what God’s love looks like to the believer, what it means, and why as believers nothing can separate us from His love.
Our next issue is released July 26, 2017.
- Self-Control: Dealing With The “I Want It Now” Syndrome In Children - April 20, 2018
- Taffi Dollar Discusses Building Strong Marriages In May Cover Story! - April 19, 2018
- North Korea And South Korea War Expected To Cease Next Week - April 19, 2018
- Kim Walker Smith Announces 2018 On My Side Tour - April 17, 2018
- Indiana’s New Law Gives Unborn Children Personhood - April 12, 2018
- What You Don’t Know About Leadership - April 10, 2018
- Kirk Cameron Joins Rep Mike Johnson In Freedom Student Summit - April 9, 2018
- Controversial Topic: How To Effectively Discipline Your Child - April 6, 2018
- Concerned Parents Planning Global Sex Education Sit Out - April 5, 2018
- Word of Knowledge On Social Media Saves A Baby From Being Aborted - April 5, 2018