After Jesus’ death and resurrection, God leaves us with two commandments: to love God with our entire soul, mind, body and spirit, and to love one another. Love is mentioned to cover a multitude of sins. Why? Because when we walk in love, we have compassion- not judgement- over others. We can see others without malice, and without anger. When we do, it becomes easier not to take offence because you know that things were not done to harm you.
- “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” John 13:34
- John 15:12 commands us to, “love one another as I loved you.”
- In Galatians 5:14, God says, “For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
So What Is Love?
Love is loving one another as God loves you. God is a God of love. It is because He loved His children so much that He sacrificed His only Son on the cross so that we may live in eternity with Him and for the redemption of all sin. God’s love has no conditions, no expectations, no boundaries, and no “strings attached”. It is simply a pure, deep, unconditional love. It is the love of a Father who does everything for His children. It is a Father who lovingly corrects because sin hurts Him- it hurts Him because He sees the greatness in us and doesn’t want us to go down a path of destruction. It fulfills and sustains us, and makes us whole. It heals all hurts, and washes away every tear.
God commands us to give that love that He fills us up with, and extend it to others so that they, too, may experience the same love of Christ, for it is His desire that none should perish. In it, the love of Christ should overflow in each one of us onto others. The same grace and mercy that we expect from God- the same love- we should exhibit to others including those that do not know Christ so that by our example, people will be lead to come to Him.
Our August issue discusses God as love. It outlines what God’s love looks like to the believer, what it means, and why as believers nothing can separate us from His love.
Our next issue is released July 26, 2017.
- Hayley DiMarco Shares With Women How To Avoid Being Overwhelmed - September 18, 2017
- Why Do Believer’s Fall Prey To Satan’s Destruction Of Families? - September 15, 2017
- Hurricane Irma Caused Destruction, But Tampa Bay Experienced A Miracle - September 15, 2017
- What Did I Do To Deserve Hardship And How/When Do Things Get Better? - September 12, 2017
- The Heart Of Man Discusses Sexual Sin And How God Always Pursues Us - September 8, 2017
- Steal, Kill and Destroy… Tired of Satan Stealing From Your Finances? - September 8, 2017
- Chris Tomlin Announces Christmas Songs of Worship Tour - September 5, 2017
- Want Breakthrough In Every Area? We Will Tell You How! - September 1, 2017
- Natasha Owens Donates Proceeds From “We Will Rise” To Flood Relief - September 1, 2017
- September 2017: Are You Walking in God’s Fullness For Your Life? - August 28, 2017
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.