Scripture says that God has a plan and purpose for your life. We pray about God’s plans for us, and we are excited when we hear His voice!
Filled with confidence that the road ahead will be joyous and blessed, we plunge forward with all of our might in wonder at what our future will hold only to discover… opposition?
After awhile discouragement begins to set in as we feel like a hamster running in a wheel and we begin to wonder whether or not we heard from God in the first place.
Ever been there?
Do not loose heart, as several things could be in operation:
- You may have indeed heard from God about His plan and purpose for your life. However, in your zeal, you may have forgotten to ask when as everything is in God’s timing. What He may have shown you could have been down the road- not necessarily now.
- It may be for now, and things start out well. However, after a time, you find that you are coming up against inexplicable opposition such as suddenly clients begin to fall off, money is a bit tight, a lawsuit wherein you were not in the wrong, etc. This is when you know that your future is big, and Satan is trying to keep you off track to prevent God from receiving the glory.
- You are on the wrong track- even if it may be slightly- and God is trying to get your attention. We’ve all missed it at times!
So how can you tell the difference? Many of these things seem like a guessing game, but we know that God is not the author of confusion. If He promised it, we know that it will happen.
Nichel Hilman will discuss how to discern between the “not right now”, “the threat to Satan”, and the “oops! I missed it!” in our April issue. She will bring clarity to this issue to help you to discern how to move forward, and what to do in the face of opposition.
Our next issue will be released March 27, 2017.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Faith Filled Family
- Could Your Marriage Be Suffering And You Don’t Even Know It? - February 16, 2018
- Harmony Possible In Marriage With God At The Head - February 12, 2018
- A Godly Marriage Sets Children Up For Success - February 7, 2018
- Chivalry: Does It Still Exist In Men, Today? - February 5, 2018
- Financial Frustration Placing Stress In Your Marriage? - February 2, 2018
- Military Families Will Maintain Strong Marriages - February 1, 2018
- Effective Communication In Marriage In FIVE Steps - January 31, 2018
- Rare Super Blue Blood Moon Occurs Tomorrow - January 30, 2018
- What Are The Keys To A Happy Marriage? - January 29, 2018
- Jon Erwin Discusses Movie Based On MercyMe - January 23, 2018