Grace is not a license to continue to live a life of habitual sin.
When God convicts you of sin in your life, it is to bring you to repentance. However, most of us don’t even know what repentance even means- we think we do, but we really don’t.
Repentance is the act of asking for forgiveness, being truly sorry, and making an effort to NOT DO IT AGAIN. It is one thing to fall into temptation and sin, and another to habitually (knowingly) sin. God will cover us with His grace if we become tempted back into sin, and it’s a heart issue. If you are making a conscious effort not to sin, but make a mistake, then God will forgive you because your heart is right- you are trying to do better. Habitual sin is another story.
Habitual sin is when you know what you are doing is wrong, and yet you do it anyway. The real insult is when you knowingly sin, and then ask for forgiveness only to do the same thing over again. There is no true repentance or desire to change, just sin. Then your heart isn’t right, and you aren’t grasping why you shouldn’t be sinning in the first place.
EVEN worse yet, there are those who believe that they can sin all they want, ask for forgiveness, and their sin is forgotten. They honestly believe that their sin is covered by grace!
Find out how people believe this myth and the deception involved in our next issue coming out December 28th.
Discover why grace is never an excuse for sin, and what habitual sin will do in your life. Learn why you should “Sin No More!”Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Faith Filled Family
- 13th Annual Elijah List Ministries Conference Just Announced - November 17, 2017
- How Do You Teach Children How to Flow In The Supernatural? - November 16, 2017
- President Trump Engages in “The Ultimate Deal”- Peace Talks Ensue - November 15, 2017
- How Do You Teach Your Children To Heal Others? - November 14, 2017
- Dream Speak: Is It God, Satan, Or Just Me? - November 13, 2017
- Gretchen Keskeys Discusses New Album, “Pure Hope” - November 11, 2017
- Spirit of Discernment, Wisdom, Or Is it Just Me? - November 8, 2017
- 5 Reasons Sleep is Key for Success - November 7, 2017
- Do Your Dreams Have Meaning? What Is God Saying? - November 2, 2017
- Have You Ever Wondered “God, Why Am I Here?” - November 2, 2017