In the aftermath of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, a photographer was given pages of a Bible recovered at Ground Zero. He was astonished to discover that it had a message to convey.
Photographer, Joel Meyerowitz, explains in his YouTube video that he spent nine months at Ground Zero taking pictures of the aftermath of 9/11. He comments on how a firefighter ran towards him and gave him pages from a Bible that was welded to a piece of steel.
Meyorowitz gazed with amazement that the Bible was still intact. More incredibly, that it was turned to Matthew 5:38-39 (KJV) which read:
“Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.”
Meyorowitz remarked,”Of all the pages in the Bible that it would be open to, that was remarkable.”
Mevorowitz held on to some of the memorabilia until the right time that he could donate it to the right organization. He ended up donating it to a museum.
“It’s destiny is to go back into the public. It has survived this incredible tragedy. It’s going to carry the message that the Bible somehow survived through the centuries- through the millennia- of history.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- Joni & Friends VP Discusses Families Coping With Disabilities - January 18, 2018
- Atlanta Pro-Life March To Be Held This Friday - January 17, 2018
- Top 50 Countries With Highest Christian Persecution - January 11, 2018
- 529 Homeschool Bill Cut May Not Be A Bad Thing - January 8, 2018
- Why You Should Look At A Leader’s Family - January 5, 2018
- Radio Host, Brant Hansen, Discusses Being A “Misfit” - January 5, 2018
- Trials After Prophetic Word? Did I Hear From God? - January 2, 2018
- Raising Tomorrow’s Godly Leaders In An Ungodly World - December 29, 2017
- Would Jesus Be Proud Of Your Leadership? - December 29, 2017
- Show Me God’s Blessings In All Areas For 2018 - December 27, 2017