“A Cord of Three Strands Is Not Easily Broken” Ecclesiastes 4:12
With Or Without God: How Strong Is Your Strand?
Is God at the centre of your marriage? Is there harmony? It’s easy to say yes, but what is the reality? Too many other things in life jockey for God’s position in our daily life, and can easily over-take our time spent with Him if we let them. The tell-tale sign of God not being at the centre of your marriage is if you spend more time complaining about your spouse to your spouse than taking it up with God first. How different would our marriages be if we took our discontent to God first and let Him work in the life of our spouse as opposed to nagging our spouse to change or expressing our discontent! There would be harmony!
When we take our discontentment to God, one of two things can happen: either God works on us (it can be a heart issue), or He begins to work on the other person. Never underestimate God… while it may appear there is no change, He could very well be speaking to the person. Even if they ignore or don’t follow through with God’s instructions, as most of us know, God’s voice does become louder. He knows how to get our attention! The most wonderful part about it is that they will never hear us complain. We get to watch them grow when we pray scripture into their lives all the while knowing that it’s God at work. Harmony and peace are maintained as we allow God to work in our spouse. And in some cases, into us!
“A continual dripping on a very rainy day And a contentious woman are alike; Whoever restrains her restrains the wind, And grasps oil with his right hand.” Proverbs 27:15-16
How Do We Invite God In?
Can’t wait to hear the testimonies of harmony in marriages in progress!
- 71% Of Kids Hide Internet Activity. Could Yours Be One Of Them? - May 26, 2018
- Elevation Worship Hallelujah Here Below Tour On Sale Now - May 25, 2018
- President Trump Cancels North Korea Nuclear Summit - May 24, 2018
- President Trump Delivers Heartfelt Speech On Abortion - May 23, 2018
- Teaching Your Children How To Take Authority Over Demons - May 19, 2018
- Can Imaginary Friends Really Be Masking A Demon? - May 19, 2018
- Stepping Into The Things That Punchlines Are Made Of? - May 18, 2018
- Have Social Trends Dictated How We Are Evangelizing To Others? - May 17, 2018
- Steven Malcolm Shares Impactful Testimony In FFFM’s June Issue - May 16, 2018
- Ireland Prepares For A Deeply Emotionally Controversial Vote: Abortion Laws - May 14, 2018