“A Cord of Three Strands Is Not Easily Broken” Ecclesiastes 4:12
With Or Without God: How Strong Is Your Strand?
Is God at the centre of your marriage? Is there harmony? It’s easy to say yes, but what is the reality? Too many other things in life jockey for God’s position in our daily life, and can easily over-take our time spent with Him if we let them. The tell-tale sign of God not being at the centre of your marriage is if you spend more time complaining about your spouse to your spouse than taking it up with God first. How different would our marriages be if we took our discontent to God first and let Him work in the life of our spouse as opposed to nagging our spouse to change or expressing our discontent! There would be harmony!
When we take our discontentment to God, one of two things can happen: either God works on us (it can be a heart issue), or He begins to work on the other person. Never underestimate God… while it may appear there is no change, He could very well be speaking to the person. Even if they ignore or don’t follow through with God’s instructions, as most of us know, God’s voice does become louder. He knows how to get our attention! The most wonderful part about it is that they will never hear us complain. We get to watch them grow when we pray scripture into their lives all the while knowing that it’s God at work. Harmony and peace are maintained as we allow God to work in our spouse. And in some cases, into us!
“A continual dripping on a very rainy day And a contentious woman are alike; Whoever restrains her restrains the wind, And grasps oil with his right hand.” Proverbs 27:15-16
How Do We Invite God In?
Can’t wait to hear the testimonies of harmony in marriages in progress!Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2018 Faith Filled Family
- Dinner Conversations Discusses Race And Church With Nicole C. Mullen - February 19, 2018
- Could Your Marriage Be Suffering And You Don’t Even Know It? - February 16, 2018
- Harmony Possible In Marriage With God At The Head - February 12, 2018
- A Godly Marriage Sets Children Up For Success - February 7, 2018
- Chivalry: Does It Still Exist In Men, Today? - February 5, 2018
- Financial Frustration Placing Stress In Your Marriage? - February 2, 2018
- Military Families Will Maintain Strong Marriages - February 1, 2018
- Effective Communication In Marriage In FIVE Steps - January 31, 2018
- Rare Super Blue Blood Moon Occurs Tomorrow - January 30, 2018
- What Are The Keys To A Happy Marriage? - January 29, 2018