A pastor from Harvest Christian Fellowship discussed how marriages can be revived, restored, resurrected, and how wives can have their husbands become new men.
Pastor Greg Laurie interviewed his own wife on the wife’s role in marriage, and the differences between the sexes. Together, in a series entitled, Home Sweet Home, they discussed what godly marriages should look like.
“Before you can convert your husband into a new man, maybe you need to think about becoming a new woman,” Laurie said.
The pastor then commented on 1Peter 3:1-4, which reads:
“Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives, when they observe your chaste conduct accompanied by fear. Do not let your adornment be merely outward — arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel — rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.”
Three Things a Wife Can Do To Get a New Husband
Laurie proceded to share three things that a wife can do to get a “new husband”.
- Be the best version of you that you can be. The pastor elaborated that a woman should want to be godly, and virtuous. He said that virtue does not mean weakness, but purity, strength, force, value, and speaks of a balanced woman who exemplifies goodness. She has both inner and outer beauty. He said that a godly woman, even when aging, still retains that outward beauty.”The godly woman focuses primarily on the internal, but does not forget the external,” Laurie stressed, explaining that the Bible does not forbid women to look attractive, but she should not be preoccupied with it.
- Respect Your Husband. Laurie quoted Ephesians 5:33 which tells man that they must love their wives as much as they love themselves, and wives must respect their husbands. He further elaborated that wives need love and husbands need respect. A woman, he claimed, needs to be affirmed that she is loved and appreciated. Laurie said that when a husband feels disrespected, he finds it hard to love his wife, and when a wife feels unloved, it is challenging to respect her husband. Wives who don’t feel loved then tend to react in ways that feel disrespectful to the husband which perpetuates a negative cycle.
- Submit to the Leadership of your Husband. Laurie commented that absolutely no one wants to submit to another person who is narcissistic. He further qualified this statement by saying that we are called to submit to God, and husbands and wives are called to submit to each other “in the reverence of God”. Men and women are equal, but the roles in marriage are different. The husband is required to provide, protect and lead, whereas the wife is to submit graciously to her husband’s servant leadership, just as the Church submits to Christ’s headship.
Laurie also said that if her husband does something that is immoral, illegal, or abusive, a woman is permitted not to submit to her husband.
The pastor then calls Cathe, his wife to the stage, and Cathe goes into an explanation of the differences between men and women and how these differences can be strengths in godly marriages. Cathe says that women are interdpendent and men are independent. She said that women are the physically weaker sex, but have strengths that men do not have. Social life and friendships are of importance to women. She commented that women do not need to be seen as weaker, as they bring strength and perspectives to the relationship. Women, she said, tend to be observant and have higher emotional IQ’s.
Cathe commented that in their marriage, Greg has rarely decided to do what he thought was right when they disagreed. She said that he asks for her opinion, they discuss things, make compromises, and consensus.
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- 13th Annual Elijah List Ministries Conference Just Announced - November 17, 2017
- How Do You Teach Children How to Flow In The Supernatural? - November 16, 2017
- President Trump Engages in “The Ultimate Deal”- Peace Talks Ensue - November 15, 2017
- How Do You Teach Your Children To Heal Others? - November 14, 2017
- Dream Speak: Is It God, Satan, Or Just Me? - November 13, 2017
- Gretchen Keskeys Discusses New Album, “Pure Hope” - November 11, 2017
- Spirit of Discernment, Wisdom, Or Is it Just Me? - November 8, 2017
- 5 Reasons Sleep is Key for Success - November 7, 2017
- Do Your Dreams Have Meaning? What Is God Saying? - November 2, 2017
- Have You Ever Wondered “God, Why Am I Here?” - November 2, 2017