Pure Flix recently announced distribution to Hillsong- Let Hope Rise on September 16.
The film will chronicle Hillsong United’s journey from a youth group band to world sensation.
The movie is directed by Michael John Warren (Jay Z’s Fade to Black) and explores Hillsong’s rise from a small Sydney church in the suburbs to influential international ministry. Hillsong’s songs are sung by more than 50 million people internationally. Their songs have also been translated into 60 languages and sold more than 17 million albums.
“Hillsong- Let Hope Arise” is more than a film about the band or church, however. It is a “theatrical worship experience”, according to Michael Scott, chief production officer and founding partner of Pure Flix.
“It is a dream come true for us, as a studio committed to influencing the global culture, to partner with a church like Hillsong.” Scott says.
“Anyone who regularly attends a church knows Hillsong’s music by heart. That’s how influential they’ve become,” said producer Jonathan Bock. “And yet despite the fame and adulation, they’re still just a humble worship band trying to do what tens of thousands of other worship bands try to do every week — glorify God through their music. How they balance that is a fascinating and surprising story.”
Hillsong began as a single church in suburban Sydney, and now extends to cities on five continents (London, Paris, Sao Paulo, Capetown, Rio de Janeiro and Phoenix). Weekly attendees number more than 100,000 including thriving congregations in New York and Los Angeles. Additionally, Hillsong partners with international organizations committed to ministry.
“We’re thrilled that Pure Flix, the No. 1 producer of faith films in the U.S., is our partner on this project,” said Brian Houston, founding pastor of Hillsong Church. “It’s our hope that by sharing an up-close and unvarnished look inside our music and lives, we can shatter pre-conceived notions of what it means to follow Jesus in today’s modern world.”Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- Top 50 Countries With Highest Christian Persecution - January 11, 2018
- 529 Homeschool Bill Cut May Not Be A Bad Thing - January 8, 2018
- Why You Should Look At A Leader’s Family - January 5, 2018
- Radio Host, Brant Hansen, Discusses Being A “Misfit” - January 5, 2018
- Trials After Prophetic Word? Did I Hear From God? - January 2, 2018
- Raising Tomorrow’s Godly Leaders In An Ungodly World - December 29, 2017
- Would Jesus Be Proud Of Your Leadership? - December 29, 2017
- Show Me God’s Blessings In All Areas For 2018 - December 27, 2017
- Higher Vision Worship Is January Music Spotlight - December 23, 2017
- Comedian Tim Loveless On January Cover - December 22, 2017