In some areas, Hurricane Irma has caused massive flooding as it made its way through Florida and the Caribbean just last week. However, Tampa Bay residents experienced a different phenomenon than the destruction the other areas faced. They are firm in their belief that it could only be from God.
While other areas were experiencing massive waves, Hurricane Irma’s powerful winds ended up sucking water away from the Tampa Bay shoreline.
“People were stunned! Manatees got beached because the water receded so fast, and people had to walk out into the bay, put them onto tarps and pull them further out to water,” she said.
This unusual occurrence prompted residents to photograph the event, and to walk on dry land that used to be underwater.
Weather scientists are referring to the event as “eerie”, and a “reverse storm surge”.
Angela Fritz, who is an atmospheric scientist/deputy weather editor for The Washington Post explains, “In the center of the storm, where the pressure is lowest and the winds are converging, water piles up. Low pressure is basically a sucking mechanism in the sense that it draws the air inward. When the pressure is exceptionally low and the winds are very strong, it can create a bulge of ocean water under the center of the storm.”
Some are using this unusual phenomenon to explain how God could have potentially used a similar method to part the Read Sea, or lead the Israelites into the Promised Land. Yet others are just commenting that they have just witnessed the hand and protection of God.
The unexpected phenomenon is causing some to suggest that God could have used a similar method to part the Red Sea and lead the Israelites into the Promised Land.
“You can call this what you want – a fluke, a surprise, a miracle or whatever. What we believe is that God used the natural forces of this storm, to force the water completely out,” Yohn, a resident, concluded in a statement made to CBN.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Faith Filled Family
- Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People? Does God Allow It? - October 20, 2017
- Trinity Broadcasting Network Airs A Special On Racial Division In America - October 19, 2017
- “Giant Find” Unearthed Under Jerusalem’s Western Wall - October 18, 2017
- Moving Past The Unforgivable In Marriage To Forgiveness - October 17, 2017
- Habitual Sin Hurting Your Marriage? Find Out How to Gain Control - October 16, 2017
- Did You Know That God’s Grace Does Have An End? - October 13, 2017
- Chris Tomlin Kicks Off Good Good Father Tour Tonight - October 12, 2017
- Do You Know The Difference Between Grace And Mercy? - October 6, 2017
- Canadian Native, Manafest, Appears On FFFM’s November Cover - October 6, 2017
- Severity Of Sin: God’s Forgiveness Truly Is a One Size Fits All - October 4, 2017