The Insanity of God movie is based on the personal, and lifelong journey of missionaries Nik and Ruth Ripken.
After the death of their son, they decided to journey into the depths of the persecuted church asking people a simple question, “Is Jesus worth it?” The couple thought they were just going on an ordinary pilgrimage, but after six years of doing relief work in Somalia, the couple experienced life where it appeared as if God had turned away completely.
During their journey, they witnessed the tragedies of life, and experienced a crisis of faith which involved them leaving Africa asking God, “Will you follow God even when it doesn’t make sense?”. Through their experiences, they were able to answer questions such as how does faith survive in places where there is such darkness and dispair. Additionally, the couple tells the story of believers in persecution teaching them how to follow Jesus, love Jesus, and how to walk with Him daily- even when things do not make sense.
The movie is based on the best-selling book, Insanity of God (BH Publishing).
Lisa Carter interviewed Nik Ripken and received insight on their journey, and the lessons they learned from their experiences.
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- 13th Annual Elijah List Ministries Conference Just Announced - November 17, 2017
- How Do You Teach Children How to Flow In The Supernatural? - November 16, 2017
- President Trump Engages in “The Ultimate Deal”- Peace Talks Ensue - November 15, 2017
- How Do You Teach Your Children To Heal Others? - November 14, 2017
- Dream Speak: Is It God, Satan, Or Just Me? - November 13, 2017
- Gretchen Keskeys Discusses New Album, “Pure Hope” - November 11, 2017
- Spirit of Discernment, Wisdom, Or Is it Just Me? - November 8, 2017
- 5 Reasons Sleep is Key for Success - November 7, 2017
- Do Your Dreams Have Meaning? What Is God Saying? - November 2, 2017
- Have You Ever Wondered “God, Why Am I Here?” - November 2, 2017