The Insanity of God movie is based on the personal, and lifelong journey of missionaries Nik and Ruth Ripken.
After the death of their son, they decided to journey into the depths of the persecuted church asking people a simple question, “Is Jesus worth it?” The couple thought they were just going on an ordinary pilgrimage, but after six years of doing relief work in Somalia, the couple experienced life where it appeared as if God had turned away completely.
During their journey, they witnessed the tragedies of life, and experienced a crisis of faith which involved them leaving Africa asking God, “Will you follow God even when it doesn’t make sense?”. Through their experiences, they were able to answer questions such as how does faith survive in places where there is such darkness and dispair. Additionally, the couple tells the story of believers in persecution teaching them how to follow Jesus, love Jesus, and how to walk with Him daily- even when things do not make sense.
The movie is based on the best-selling book, Insanity of God (BH Publishing).
Lisa Carter interviewed Nik Ripken and received insight on their journey, and the lessons they learned from their experiences.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- Could Your Marriage Be Suffering And You Don’t Even Know It? - February 16, 2018
- Harmony Possible In Marriage With God At The Head - February 12, 2018
- A Godly Marriage Sets Children Up For Success - February 7, 2018
- Chivalry: Does It Still Exist In Men, Today? - February 5, 2018
- Financial Frustration Placing Stress In Your Marriage? - February 2, 2018
- Military Families Will Maintain Strong Marriages - February 1, 2018
- Effective Communication In Marriage In FIVE Steps - January 31, 2018
- Rare Super Blue Blood Moon Occurs Tomorrow - January 30, 2018
- What Are The Keys To A Happy Marriage? - January 29, 2018
- Jon Erwin Discusses Movie Based On MercyMe - January 23, 2018