On Wednesday, Iran’s top leader said that missiles were the key to the Islamic Republic’s future in support of the Revolutionary Guards that have garnered criticism from the West for testing ballistic missiles.
Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei was in support of last year’s nuclear deal with the world powers, however has subsequently called for Iran to avoid further contact with the United States and its allies thereby maintaining Iran’s economic and military fortitude.
Khamenei has final say on all issues governing the state, and has subsequently commented that, “Those who say the future is in negotiations, not in missiles, are either ignorant or traitors,” on his website.
“If the Islamic Republic seeks negotiations but has no defensive power, it would have to back down against threats from any weak country.”
It has been speculated that these comments may have been in refute to former president Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani who is the leader of a more moderate political alliance who in a previous tweet said that “the future is in dialogue, not missiles”.
Iran’s Revolutionary Guards have conducted the ballistic missile tests previously in what was claimed to be a demonstration of Iran’s non-nuclear deterrent power.
Several European powers and the U.S. commented that the test went against a United Nation’s Security Council Resolution that requested Iran not test nuclear capable missiles which was outlined in a joint letter seen by Reuters on Tuesday.
Yet Washington has said that a fresh missile test does not violate the July 2015 accord where Iran restricted its nuclear program and won relief from the U.N. and Western financial sanctions. It was endorsed in Resolution 2231 between Iran and six world powers.
Ban Ki-Moon, the U.N. Secretary-General, feared that the ballistic missile causes alarm, and it would be up to the major powers in the Security Council to decide upon fresh regulations.
However, Russia who is a veto-wielding member, feels that the tests are not in conflict with the outlined Resolution.
Iran, to this date, has denied that its missiles are intended to carry nuclear weapons.
- 13th Annual Elijah List Ministries Conference Just Announced - November 17, 2017
- How Do You Teach Children How to Flow In The Supernatural? - November 16, 2017
- President Trump Engages in “The Ultimate Deal”- Peace Talks Ensue - November 15, 2017
- How Do You Teach Your Children To Heal Others? - November 14, 2017
- Dream Speak: Is It God, Satan, Or Just Me? - November 13, 2017
- Gretchen Keskeys Discusses New Album, “Pure Hope” - November 11, 2017
- Spirit of Discernment, Wisdom, Or Is it Just Me? - November 8, 2017
- 5 Reasons Sleep is Key for Success - November 7, 2017
- Do Your Dreams Have Meaning? What Is God Saying? - November 2, 2017
- Have You Ever Wondered “God, Why Am I Here?” - November 2, 2017