According to NPR.org, Israeli right wing lobbyists look with optimism at the Trump presidency. The post takes readers to lobbyists gathering in Tel Aviv to celebrate and toast Donald Trump with Trump-brand vodka and sparkling wine.
Celebratory words echoed throughout the room as gatherers toasted life and hope that Trump will be a shift in the right direction for right-wing supporters in Israel.
Much of their optimism is credited to the fact that Trump will be the first republican President to meet with Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu in the White House. Conservative Netanyahu has previously held a very tense relationship with President Obama in previous years, and now the hope is that Trump will bring better relations- especially concerning the pressure surrounding Israeli settlements.
Netanyahu recently welcomed Trump’s proposal to move the U.S. embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. The move was met with enthusiasm.
Yossi Dagan, leader of the Shomron Regional Council which is an Israeli settlement council in the West Bank, refers to Obama’s reign as president as a “catastrophe”. Dagan expects Trump to adopt a different approach which does not pressure Israel regarding settlements.
Dimitri Diliani from the leadership council for the Fatah party in West Bank feels the Palestinian leadership does not view Trump as positive for the cause. He feels they view Trump as more decisive towards the cause.
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas claims that they know nothing about Trump suggesting that he is keeping an open mind about the president-elect.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- 13th Annual Elijah List Ministries Conference Just Announced - November 17, 2017
- How Do You Teach Children How to Flow In The Supernatural? - November 16, 2017
- President Trump Engages in “The Ultimate Deal”- Peace Talks Ensue - November 15, 2017
- How Do You Teach Your Children To Heal Others? - November 14, 2017
- Dream Speak: Is It God, Satan, Or Just Me? - November 13, 2017
- Gretchen Keskeys Discusses New Album, “Pure Hope” - November 11, 2017
- Spirit of Discernment, Wisdom, Or Is it Just Me? - November 8, 2017
- 5 Reasons Sleep is Key for Success - November 7, 2017
- Do Your Dreams Have Meaning? What Is God Saying? - November 2, 2017
- Have You Ever Wondered “God, Why Am I Here?” - November 2, 2017