According to NPR.org, Israeli right wing lobbyists look with optimism at the Trump presidency. The post takes readers to lobbyists gathering in Tel Aviv to celebrate and toast Donald Trump with Trump-brand vodka and sparkling wine.
Celebratory words echoed throughout the room as gatherers toasted life and hope that Trump will be a shift in the right direction for right-wing supporters in Israel.
Much of their optimism is credited to the fact that Trump will be the first republican President to meet with Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu in the White House. Conservative Netanyahu has previously held a very tense relationship with President Obama in previous years, and now the hope is that Trump will bring better relations- especially concerning the pressure surrounding Israeli settlements.
Netanyahu recently welcomed Trump’s proposal to move the U.S. embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. The move was met with enthusiasm.
Yossi Dagan, leader of the Shomron Regional Council which is an Israeli settlement council in the West Bank, refers to Obama’s reign as president as a “catastrophe”. Dagan expects Trump to adopt a different approach which does not pressure Israel regarding settlements.
Dimitri Diliani from the leadership council for the Fatah party in West Bank feels the Palestinian leadership does not view Trump as positive for the cause. He feels they view Trump as more decisive towards the cause.
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas claims that they know nothing about Trump suggesting that he is keeping an open mind about the president-elect.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- Could Your Marriage Be Suffering And You Don’t Even Know It? - February 16, 2018
- Harmony Possible In Marriage With God At The Head - February 12, 2018
- A Godly Marriage Sets Children Up For Success - February 7, 2018
- Chivalry: Does It Still Exist In Men, Today? - February 5, 2018
- Financial Frustration Placing Stress In Your Marriage? - February 2, 2018
- Military Families Will Maintain Strong Marriages - February 1, 2018
- Effective Communication In Marriage In FIVE Steps - January 31, 2018
- Rare Super Blue Blood Moon Occurs Tomorrow - January 30, 2018
- What Are The Keys To A Happy Marriage? - January 29, 2018
- Jon Erwin Discusses Movie Based On MercyMe - January 23, 2018