This is a moment in history that many American Christians have waited fifty years for that may happen:
The Jerusalem Post reports that the Israeli Knesset and U.S. Congress will participate in a joint video event on Thursday marking the 50th anniversary of the reunification of Jerusalem. According to the report, it could signal a “tacit” recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
The report indicates that either President Trump or Vice President Pence will attend the meeting on Capitol Hill with Speaker of the House, Paul Ryan, presiding as host. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Knesset Speaker Yuli Edelstein will participate from the Knesset. All members of Knesset and both houses of Congress will be invited to the event.
Historically, the U.S. has not officially recognized Israeli sovereignty in Jerusalem that Israel liberated in 1967. Thus White House participation in this event may be viewed as a tacit acknowledgement of Israel’s sentiment about Jerusalem.
During Trump’s campaign, he adamantly proclaimed on several occasions that Jerusalem is the eternal capital of Israel, and his desires to move the Embassy. This move would acknowledge Jerusalem as Israel’s capital thrilling voters, Israel, and Christians alike. However, today, he has decided against it… for now.
“No one should consider this step to be in any way a retreat from the President’s strong support for Israel and for the United States-Israel alliance,” the White House said in a statement.
President Trump intends of forging ahead with peace negotiations between Israel and Palestine.
The statement says, “President Trump made this decision to maximize the chances of successfully negotiating a deal between Israel and the Palestinians, fulfilling his solemn obligation to defend America’s national security interests.”
The statement also mentions that Trump still plans to move the embassy, so the question is not whether the move happens, but when.
Some are disappointed at the news of delaying the move. It appears, to some, that he is delaying the move much like Presidents Clinton, George W. Bush, G.W. Bush, and Barack Obama who postponed things for six months.
The 1995 Jerusalem Embassy Act stipulates that the embassy be relocated to Jerusalem, yet has been repeatedly detained. The detainment is justified by saying that it would hinder peace talks between Israel and Palestinian Authority.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Faith Filled Family
- 13th Annual Elijah List Ministries Conference Just Announced - November 17, 2017
- How Do You Teach Children How to Flow In The Supernatural? - November 16, 2017
- President Trump Engages in “The Ultimate Deal”- Peace Talks Ensue - November 15, 2017
- How Do You Teach Your Children To Heal Others? - November 14, 2017
- Dream Speak: Is It God, Satan, Or Just Me? - November 13, 2017
- Gretchen Keskeys Discusses New Album, “Pure Hope” - November 11, 2017
- Spirit of Discernment, Wisdom, Or Is it Just Me? - November 8, 2017
- 5 Reasons Sleep is Key for Success - November 7, 2017
- Do Your Dreams Have Meaning? What Is God Saying? - November 2, 2017
- Have You Ever Wondered “God, Why Am I Here?” - November 2, 2017