The desire to find “the one” that we were meant to spend the rest of our lives with can dominate our thoughts… especially if the desire to get married is strong. There is nothing wrong with this, and it is perfectly normal to long for the one that God has chosen for you to marry. However, when you don’t know who you are in Christ, or you carry baggage from past relationships (or simply the past) it can weigh us down and effect our judgement. When our perceptions of ourselves are skewed, so is our ability to see and discern others for what they truly are- and there can be a danger in this.
If we don’t see ourselves as God sees us, or we are carry pain from past relationships, it can make us targets for toxic relationships. When we have low self-esteem, for example, we can fall for people that perpetuate our feelings of low self-worth because we, ourselves, don’t feel like we are worthy of anything better. We end up in relationships that are destructive, and that erode our self-worth. If we know that God only wants the best for His children, we need to rely on Him to bring that special person to us- not to seek it on our own. God will find the person that is worthy of being with His son/daughter- and He can heal our brokenness as well. We end up seeing ourselves as God sees us, thereby you begin to know who you are in Christ.
Helen Murray will discuss what happens when we are confident in who we are in Christ, and the impact that has in a marriage. She will also discuss what happens when we don’t know our identity in Him, and how it effects our decision-making skills when it comes time to find our future spouse.
Learn how to either strengthen your existing marriage (everyone NEEDS to know who you are in Christ), and how to enter into a marriage whole and happy with who you are. After all, God created you to be unique, and you are special in His eyes. Your (future) spouse needs to see that uniqueness in you, and be able to bring out the best in you. A good spouse is an encourager, a supporter, and someone who will always be there. If they aren’t, you need to ask God why.
Our June issue comes out on May 28th, 2018!
- 71% Of Kids Hide Internet Activity. Could Yours Be One Of Them? - May 26, 2018
- Elevation Worship Hallelujah Here Below Tour On Sale Now - May 25, 2018
- President Trump Cancels North Korea Nuclear Summit - May 24, 2018
- President Trump Delivers Heartfelt Speech On Abortion - May 23, 2018
- Teaching Your Children How To Take Authority Over Demons - May 19, 2018
- Can Imaginary Friends Really Be Masking A Demon? - May 19, 2018
- Stepping Into The Things That Punchlines Are Made Of? - May 18, 2018
- Have Social Trends Dictated How We Are Evangelizing To Others? - May 17, 2018
- Steven Malcolm Shares Impactful Testimony In FFFM’s June Issue - May 16, 2018
- Ireland Prepares For A Deeply Emotionally Controversial Vote: Abortion Laws - May 14, 2018