Supreme Court ruled in favor of the school having Bible verses on their banners.
On Friday, the Texas Supreme Court unanimously decided unanimously after a years long free speech and religious liberty case, in favor of the Kountze cheerleaders.
The cheerleaders were not permitted to put Bible verses on their banners, known as ” breakaway” banners by their school district.
In 2014, the school voluntary allowed the verses on the banners. It was ruled by The Supreme Court because of the voluntary actions of the school there was no case. While being pleased with the Supreme Courts ruling, attorney Hiram Sasser says, “That’s not good enough. We want an order that we had at the district court enforcing the rights of the cheerleaders.”
The decision will now have to be made if we decided or not to go back to the district court or just let it end knowing the cheerleaders can have their bible verses on their banners.
Our Two Cents:
We have really gone too far when people do not have the freedom of religion without someone being offended. I want everyone to know my God. However I am not offended when others do not see things my way, and this is what has made our great nation. Most are quick to speak and slow to listen.I always hear that is why we have two ears on and one mouth. We all need to let others be their own selves without fear of persecution. Go out today say a kind word and give the word a smile.
john 3:16 – For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Romans 8:37-39 – No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Our Heavenly Father.
We the people. In this land of the free and the home of the brave. We need you in ways like never before. We seek guidance and protection for our land and from our enemies. In Jesus name we pray.
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- Kountze Cheerleaders Celebrate by Waving Bible Versed Banners High - February 5, 2016
- Human Trafficking Issue Now Hits Small Town America Via Pornography - February 4, 2016
- Cohabitation Rates Rise Among Christians Coupled with Justifications - February 3, 2016
- Affordable Care Act Blessing or Curse to US Citizens - February 2, 2016
- US Government Advises Against North Korea Travel After Unfair Arrest - January 22, 2016
- Young Children Become Unknowing Pawns in Terrorism Game - December 16, 2015
- Republicans Seek Alternatives Regarding Affordable Care Act - December 12, 2015
- American Made Purchases Produce Jobs This Holiday Season - December 1, 2015
- Effects of Video Games on Children Conclude Mixed Findings - December 1, 2015
- Believers Should Treat All Living Things With Reverence - November 16, 2015