Nebraska Says They Can’t Loose Even One Adoption Organization
In the wake of the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision to legalize same-sex marriage, Nebraska has opted to protect faith-based organizations that are concerned about being forced out of business.
In Nebraska, usually 5,600 children on an ongoing basis are in need of temporary or permanent placement or adoption under the child welfare system. Sen. Mark Kolterman in an interview with OneNewsNow revealed that there are presently only 21 organizations that are designed to serve the children’s needs. He expressed that his concern was that Nebraska cannot afford to loose any of those organizations- faith-based or secular.
Kolterman says that since the legalization of same-sex marriage, he’s concerned that faith-based organizations may be forced into adopting a definition of marriage that goes against their firmly held beliefs. He feels it presents a conundrum for faith-based organizations that don’t want to or refuse to go against their religious beliefs.
“And so rather than be forced to go against their religious beliefs, they’re just asking for some protection so they can continue to do business in the State of Nebraska and not be forced out of the business,” the lawmaker explains.
Faith-based child adoption organizations in Massachusetts and Illinois closed after the state demanded compliance in placing children with homosexual couples. Kolterman is sponsoring Legislative Bill 975 which would ensure that this does not occur in Nebraska.
- Taffi Dollar Discusses Building Strong Marriages In April Cover Story! - April 19, 2018
- North Korea And South Korea War Expected To Cease Next Week - April 19, 2018
- Kim Walker Smith Announces 2018 On My Side Tour - April 17, 2018
- Indiana’s New Law Gives Unborn Children Personhood - April 12, 2018
- What You Don’t Know About Leadership - April 10, 2018
- Kirk Cameron Joins Rep Mike Johnson In Freedom Student Summit - April 9, 2018
- Controversial Topic: How To Effectively Discipline Your Child - April 6, 2018
- Concerned Parents Planning Global Sex Education Sit Out - April 5, 2018
- Word of Knowledge On Social Media Saves A Baby From Being Aborted - April 5, 2018
- Parenting Quiz: Are You Powerful, Prayerful, or Praise-Worthy? - April 4, 2018