Nebraska Says They Can’t Loose Even One Adoption Organization
In the wake of the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision to legalize same-sex marriage, Nebraska has opted to protect faith-based organizations that are concerned about being forced out of business.
In Nebraska, usually 5,600 children on an ongoing basis are in need of temporary or permanent placement or adoption under the child welfare system. Sen. Mark Kolterman in an interview with OneNewsNow revealed that there are presently only 21 organizations that are designed to serve the children’s needs. He expressed that his concern was that Nebraska cannot afford to loose any of those organizations- faith-based or secular.
Kolterman says that since the legalization of same-sex marriage, he’s concerned that faith-based organizations may be forced into adopting a definition of marriage that goes against their firmly held beliefs. He feels it presents a conundrum for faith-based organizations that don’t want to or refuse to go against their religious beliefs.
“And so rather than be forced to go against their religious beliefs, they’re just asking for some protection so they can continue to do business in the State of Nebraska and not be forced out of the business,” the lawmaker explains.
Faith-based child adoption organizations in Massachusetts and Illinois closed after the state demanded compliance in placing children with homosexual couples. Kolterman is sponsoring Legislative Bill 975 which would ensure that this does not occur in Nebraska.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- Continually Passed Up For Promotion? Why? - January 19, 2018
- Matthew West Invites Listeners To Go “All In” - January 19, 2018
- Joni & Friends VP Discusses Families Coping With Disabilities - January 18, 2018
- Atlanta Pro-Life March To Be Held This Friday - January 17, 2018
- Top 50 Countries With Highest Christian Persecution - January 11, 2018
- 529 Homeschool Bill Cut May Not Be A Bad Thing - January 8, 2018
- Why You Should Look At A Leader’s Family - January 5, 2018
- Radio Host, Brant Hansen, Discusses Being A “Misfit” - January 5, 2018
- Trials After Prophetic Word? Did I Hear From God? - January 2, 2018
- Raising Tomorrow’s Godly Leaders In An Ungodly World - December 29, 2017