Nebraska Says They Can’t Loose Even One Adoption Organization
In the wake of the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision to legalize same-sex marriage, Nebraska has opted to protect faith-based organizations that are concerned about being forced out of business.
In Nebraska, usually 5,600 children on an ongoing basis are in need of temporary or permanent placement or adoption under the child welfare system. Sen. Mark Kolterman in an interview with OneNewsNow revealed that there are presently only 21 organizations that are designed to serve the children’s needs. He expressed that his concern was that Nebraska cannot afford to loose any of those organizations- faith-based or secular.
Kolterman says that since the legalization of same-sex marriage, he’s concerned that faith-based organizations may be forced into adopting a definition of marriage that goes against their firmly held beliefs. He feels it presents a conundrum for faith-based organizations that don’t want to or refuse to go against their religious beliefs.
“And so rather than be forced to go against their religious beliefs, they’re just asking for some protection so they can continue to do business in the State of Nebraska and not be forced out of the business,” the lawmaker explains.
Faith-based child adoption organizations in Massachusetts and Illinois closed after the state demanded compliance in placing children with homosexual couples. Kolterman is sponsoring Legislative Bill 975 which would ensure that this does not occur in Nebraska.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- 13th Annual Elijah List Ministries Conference Just Announced - November 17, 2017
- How Do You Teach Children How to Flow In The Supernatural? - November 16, 2017
- President Trump Engages in “The Ultimate Deal”- Peace Talks Ensue - November 15, 2017
- How Do You Teach Your Children To Heal Others? - November 14, 2017
- Dream Speak: Is It God, Satan, Or Just Me? - November 13, 2017
- Gretchen Keskeys Discusses New Album, “Pure Hope” - November 11, 2017
- Spirit of Discernment, Wisdom, Or Is it Just Me? - November 8, 2017
- 5 Reasons Sleep is Key for Success - November 7, 2017
- Do Your Dreams Have Meaning? What Is God Saying? - November 2, 2017
- Have You Ever Wondered “God, Why Am I Here?” - November 2, 2017