“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward have you?” Matthew 43-46
For most of us, this seems like a tall order. How can one love their enemies- especially those that go out of their way to persecute you? Yet that is what Jesus did, and that is what God has commanded us to do as well.
In our next issue, we will discuss the meaning of this scripture and its application. You will note, however, that there is no line that says “hate starts here”. The scripture boldly states that we should love our enemies and those who persecute us. We will also discuss the why of this question: Why should we love those that make our lives miserable. This scripture applies to those who experience bullying as well.
Terri Bell will take you through this scriptural journey and into your reward at the end in our next issue coming out on November 28th.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- Habitual Sin Hurting Your Marriage? Find Out How to Gain Control - October 16, 2017
- Did You Know That God’s Grace Does Have An End? - October 13, 2017
- Chris Tomlin Kicks Off Good Good Father Tour Tonight - October 12, 2017
- Do You Know The Difference Between Grace And Mercy? - October 6, 2017
- Canadian Native, Manafest, Appears On FFFM’s November Cover - October 6, 2017
- Severity Of Sin: God’s Forgiveness Truly Is a One Size Fits All - October 4, 2017
- How Do You Silence The Voice Of Condemnation? - October 4, 2017
- Have Past Experiences “Jaded” Your Perspective? - October 2, 2017
- Scalise Returns To Capitol Praising God With Testimony - September 28, 2017
- TobyMac Announces “Deep Hits Tour” To Return In 2018 - September 22, 2017
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.