The Roman Catholic Church is requesting that all government officials and Christian across the globe help children caught in conflict in the Middle East.
Despite the Vatican already issuing a call to protect children in the Middle East, this issue was brought to the forefront with this very impactful viral video of an injured Syrian boy.
Warning, the video is somewhat graphic in nature, and is of a five year old boy named Omran Daqneesh. It shows him being pulled from his home that was bombed in Aleppo. He is taken from his home to an ambulance where he remains bloodied and silent.
Bernardito Auza, the Apostolic Nuncio and Permanent Observer to the Holy See to the UN, drove attention to the numerous suffering children in this region, and requested that each nation take action to prevent this from occurring.
According to The Catholic News Agency, Auza passionately commented, “Never in recent memory have so many children been subjected to such violent brutality: children used as soldiers, suicide bombers, sex slaves, and disposable intelligence gatherers in the most dangerous military operations,”
“These crimes must be condemned in the strongest possible terms,” he continued.
He also urged leaders to be sensitive when aiding children who have been exposed to violence when reintegrating into society. The Archbishop commented that while unimaginable barbaric acts are committed by child soldiers, people must remember that the children have been exploited and manipulated into what they have become. He urges compassion over these children for they are victims, too.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- 13th Annual Elijah List Ministries Conference Just Announced - November 17, 2017
- How Do You Teach Children How to Flow In The Supernatural? - November 16, 2017
- President Trump Engages in “The Ultimate Deal”- Peace Talks Ensue - November 15, 2017
- How Do You Teach Your Children To Heal Others? - November 14, 2017
- Dream Speak: Is It God, Satan, Or Just Me? - November 13, 2017
- Gretchen Keskeys Discusses New Album, “Pure Hope” - November 11, 2017
- Spirit of Discernment, Wisdom, Or Is it Just Me? - November 8, 2017
- 5 Reasons Sleep is Key for Success - November 7, 2017
- Do Your Dreams Have Meaning? What Is God Saying? - November 2, 2017
- Have You Ever Wondered “God, Why Am I Here?” - November 2, 2017