Mother Teresa was known for her global stance of pro-life causes.
On September 2, 2016, she was declared a Saint by Pope Francis during a special ceremony at the Vatican. This pro-life heroine skillfully utilized her well-known status to advance the pro-life cause on a global scale making her voice heard like no other.
Who Was She?
Mother Teresa was only four feet in stature, and an Albanian nun. She was known for never being afraid of speaking the truth to the powerful- even when it made people uncomfortable. She also never deliberately manipulated people to gain favor. Mother Teresa traveled internationally condemning abortion even in places where her views were unwelcome, and when it was inconvenient.
What Were Her Accomplishments?
Somewhat amusingly, while having lunch at the White House, then First Lady Hillary Clinton has asked Mother Teresa why America had never elected a woman president. Mother Teresa replied somewhat interestingly with, “She has probably been aborted.”
In 1979, she accepted the Nobel Peace Prize wherein she popularized her condemnation of abortion. She boldly informed a crowd of nobles, politicians and celebrities that, “The greatest destroyer of peace today is the cry of the innocent unborn child. For if a mother can murder her own child, in her own womb, what is left for you and for me? To kill each other.”
Mother Teresa went on to say that millions of unborn children are being aborted each year, yet we are silent on the issue. Her opinion was that places wherein abortion was legalized were among the “poorest” nations as they “are afraid of the unborn child”. She said that the fear was based on providing for one more child, and because a decision was made not to/unable to, the child must therefore die.
It was her desire to save every unborn child and give them a chance to live no matter what the circumstance.
At a 1994 National Prayer Breakfast in Washington, she uttered her views on abortion surprising her hosts with scathing remarks. Abortion was referred to as a direct, decisive, killing of an innocent child who is being murdered by its own mother.
Mother Teresa was very outspoken on the topic claiming that any nation that accepts abortion is “not teaching people to love, but to use violence to get what they want”. She was so passionate about the topic, that she called it the greatest destroyer of love and peace.
While you may have expected either embarrassment or awkward silence, just the opposite occurred. Her powerful words generated a standing ovation while the President and First Lady remained quietly seated.
Mother Teresa was passionate about motherhood viewing at a gift of God bestowed on women. Abortion, in her eyes, had destroyed that.
For all of her efforts, passion, conviction and drive, she is deeply celebrated for her outstanding contributions on behalf of God to society. She was truly remarkable.
- Self-Control: Dealing With The “I Want It Now” Syndrome In Children - April 20, 2018
- Taffi Dollar Discusses Building Strong Marriages In May Cover Story! - April 19, 2018
- North Korea And South Korea War Expected To Cease Next Week - April 19, 2018
- Kim Walker Smith Announces 2018 On My Side Tour - April 17, 2018
- Indiana’s New Law Gives Unborn Children Personhood - April 12, 2018
- What You Don’t Know About Leadership - April 10, 2018
- Kirk Cameron Joins Rep Mike Johnson In Freedom Student Summit - April 9, 2018
- Controversial Topic: How To Effectively Discipline Your Child - April 6, 2018
- Concerned Parents Planning Global Sex Education Sit Out - April 5, 2018
- Word of Knowledge On Social Media Saves A Baby From Being Aborted - April 5, 2018