Museum of the Bible is set to open in Washington in 2017
The new museum, which is set to open late next year in Washington, is backed by the Green family who own Hobby Lobby craft store chain. The Museum of the Bible will be located three blocks from the Capitol, will contain eight floors, and 430,000 square feet. It will be packed with numerous antiquities that are attracting attention from scholars. It contains over 40,000 objects including cuneiform tablets dating from the time of Abraham, Dead Sea Scroll fragments, biblical papyri and manuscripts, Torah scrolls, and rare printed Bibles.
Part of the collection itself was acquired by Hobby Lobby and generously donated to the museum.
The museum’s advisers consist of a mixture of religious theologies: 20% are Roman Catholic, 20% are Jewish, and the remaining 60% are Protestants including Lutherans, Presbyterians and Mennonites.
The Museum of the Bible will contain an informative mixture of ancient artifacts supplemented by recent technology. The building was designed for easy upgrading as new items and technology come forth.
So far, the traveling exhibit has been viewed in six cities in the U.S. and four countries.
For further information, please visit Museum of the Bible’s website
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- Continually Passed Up For Promotion? Why? - January 19, 2018
- Matthew West Invites Listeners To Go “All In” - January 19, 2018
- Joni & Friends VP Discusses Families Coping With Disabilities - January 18, 2018
- Atlanta Pro-Life March To Be Held This Friday - January 17, 2018
- Top 50 Countries With Highest Christian Persecution - January 11, 2018
- 529 Homeschool Bill Cut May Not Be A Bad Thing - January 8, 2018
- Why You Should Look At A Leader’s Family - January 5, 2018
- Radio Host, Brant Hansen, Discusses Being A “Misfit” - January 5, 2018
- Trials After Prophetic Word? Did I Hear From God? - January 2, 2018
- Raising Tomorrow’s Godly Leaders In An Ungodly World - December 29, 2017