Museum of the Bible is set to open in Washington in 2017
The new museum, which is set to open late next year in Washington, is backed by the Green family who own Hobby Lobby craft store chain. The Museum of the Bible will be located three blocks from the Capitol, will contain eight floors, and 430,000 square feet. It will be packed with numerous antiquities that are attracting attention from scholars. It contains over 40,000 objects including cuneiform tablets dating from the time of Abraham, Dead Sea Scroll fragments, biblical papyri and manuscripts, Torah scrolls, and rare printed Bibles.
Part of the collection itself was acquired by Hobby Lobby and generously donated to the museum.
The museum’s advisers consist of a mixture of religious theologies: 20% are Roman Catholic, 20% are Jewish, and the remaining 60% are Protestants including Lutherans, Presbyterians and Mennonites.
The Museum of the Bible will contain an informative mixture of ancient artifacts supplemented by recent technology. The building was designed for easy upgrading as new items and technology come forth.
So far, the traveling exhibit has been viewed in six cities in the U.S. and four countries.
For further information, please visit Museum of the Bible’s website
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- 13th Annual Elijah List Ministries Conference Just Announced - November 17, 2017
- How Do You Teach Children How to Flow In The Supernatural? - November 16, 2017
- President Trump Engages in “The Ultimate Deal”- Peace Talks Ensue - November 15, 2017
- How Do You Teach Your Children To Heal Others? - November 14, 2017
- Dream Speak: Is It God, Satan, Or Just Me? - November 13, 2017
- Gretchen Keskeys Discusses New Album, “Pure Hope” - November 11, 2017
- Spirit of Discernment, Wisdom, Or Is it Just Me? - November 8, 2017
- 5 Reasons Sleep is Key for Success - November 7, 2017
- Do Your Dreams Have Meaning? What Is God Saying? - November 2, 2017
- Have You Ever Wondered “God, Why Am I Here?” - November 2, 2017