Get out your spiritual bar of soap, because a filthy mouth is NOT acceptable to the Lord- and neither are the derivatives.
The “derivatives” are words we use that are close to the swear words, but are not actually classified as swears. If the real swear is what you mean to say in your heart, but don’t, then it’s still not acceptable.
Also on the “not acceptable” list is the phrase “OMG”. Even if you replace God’s name with “goodness”, it’s still an almost swear- and a bad one at that since you are taking our Lord’s name in vain.
Our myth on swearing is o.k. discusses why swearing is not acceptable to the Lord, and why many of us may need to clean up our mouth. What most of you will find, in the end, is that others around you will not swear, but many won’t know why.
Learn more in our August issue in “Why God Hates a Potty Mouth”.
- Teaching Your Children How To Take Authority Over Demons - May 19, 2018
- Can Imaginary Friends Really Be Masking A Demon? - May 19, 2018
- Stepping Into The Things That Punchlines Are Made Of? - May 18, 2018
- Have Social Trends Dictated How We Are Evangelizing To Others? - May 17, 2018
- Steven Malcolm Shares Impactful Testimony In FFFM’s June Issue - May 16, 2018
- Ireland Prepares For A Deeply Emotionally Controversial Vote: Abortion Laws - May 14, 2018
- Three United States Men Released Yesterday From North Korean Prison - May 10, 2018
- 2018 K-LOVE Fan Awards Nominees Just Announced - May 8, 2018
- Know Who You Are In Christ … It Strengthens Relationships - May 7, 2018
- Married/Getting Married? We Have Tips On Laying A Firm Foundation - May 4, 2018