Washington- In honor of the 75th anniversary of National Bible Week which runs November 13-19, several lawmakers shared some of their favorite Scriptures and discussed the Word in the House of Representatives.
Representative Tim Walberg (R-MI), according to CBN News, quoted from Psalms 1, “How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the path of sinners, nor sit in the seat of scoffers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord and in His law he meditates day and night.”
Representative Doug Lambrorn (R-CO) sponsored the Tuesday event, and discussed his reverence for scripture, and how it has been taught throughout American history.
“President Abraham Lincoln once said of the Bible, ‘In regard to this great Book I have but to say it is the best gift God has given to man,” he said.
Just before the readings commenced, the National Bible Association President, Richard Glickstein, informed CBN News that Americans need to be reminded that the Bible matters.
Glickstein explained that only one-third of people read the Bible on a regular basis. He said that it is important that people remember that it is a gift. He further remarked that people in the Soviet Union where he worked did not have Bibles and had to meet in secret to share the Word.
It makes you feel fortunate.
Representative Virginia Foxx said the Bible offers hope during times of trial, and is a constant source of strength.
For those participating, National Bible Week isn’t just a ceremony or event. It serves as a reminder that the Bible is significant and life-changing.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- Could Your Marriage Be Suffering And You Don’t Even Know It? - February 16, 2018
- Harmony Possible In Marriage With God At The Head - February 12, 2018
- A Godly Marriage Sets Children Up For Success - February 7, 2018
- Chivalry: Does It Still Exist In Men, Today? - February 5, 2018
- Financial Frustration Placing Stress In Your Marriage? - February 2, 2018
- Military Families Will Maintain Strong Marriages - February 1, 2018
- Effective Communication In Marriage In FIVE Steps - January 31, 2018
- Rare Super Blue Blood Moon Occurs Tomorrow - January 30, 2018
- What Are The Keys To A Happy Marriage? - January 29, 2018
- Jon Erwin Discusses Movie Based On MercyMe - January 23, 2018