On Friday, January 19th, thousands of pro-life supporters will participate in the 2018 annual March for Life in downtown Atlanta.
The event is sponsored by Georgia Right to Life (GRTL) and will commence at 11 a.m. with a prayer service at Liberty Plaza on Capitol Avenue across from the State Capitol.
Dr. James Marritt, who is a well known Christian speaker and senior pastor at Cross Pointe Church in Duluth, will be delivering the keynote address.
“There is no more noble cause in America than the efforts of pro-life advocates on behalf of the pre-born,” Dr. Merritt said. “I am excited to be a part of the 2018 March for Life and honored to be speaking the truth about one of the greatest moral issues of our day.”
Shannon Vogt, the GRTL Vice President, will be the master of ceremonies for the event, and Davis Posey will be giving testimony. Kurt Scobie will be leading praise, and the event will conclude with a silent, one-mile march through the streets of Atlanta.
“This is not just about remembering the more than 60 million children who never had a chance at life,” said GRTL President Ricardo Davis. “It’s also about the growing disregard for the elderly and infirm who are becoming viewed as not being worthy of life.”
Georgia Right to Life chapters in Augusta, Columbus, Macon, the Okefenokee area, Savannah and Warner Robins are also involved in events.
The driving force behind these nationwide events began in 1984 when President Ronald Reagan signed a proclamation stating January 22, 1984 as National Sanctity of Human Life Day.
Several decades later, January is now recognized as National Sanctity of Human Life Month.
- 71% Of Kids Hide Internet Activity. Could Yours Be One Of Them? - May 26, 2018
- Elevation Worship Hallelujah Here Below Tour On Sale Now - May 25, 2018
- President Trump Cancels North Korea Nuclear Summit - May 24, 2018
- President Trump Delivers Heartfelt Speech On Abortion - May 23, 2018
- Teaching Your Children How To Take Authority Over Demons - May 19, 2018
- Can Imaginary Friends Really Be Masking A Demon? - May 19, 2018
- Stepping Into The Things That Punchlines Are Made Of? - May 18, 2018
- Have Social Trends Dictated How We Are Evangelizing To Others? - May 17, 2018
- Steven Malcolm Shares Impactful Testimony In FFFM’s June Issue - May 16, 2018
- Ireland Prepares For A Deeply Emotionally Controversial Vote: Abortion Laws - May 14, 2018