“And if you faithfully obey the voice of the Lord your God, being careful to do all his commandments that I command you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the Lord your God. Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the field. Blessed shall be the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your ground and the fruit of your cattle, the increase of your herds and the young of your flock. Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl. …” Deuteronomy 28:1-68
‘Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us.” Ephesians 3:20
There is nothing godly about living in poverty, or not having your needs met. Scripture says that God provides all of our needs just as He does with all of the animals on the earth. Just as God looks after the needs of all of creation, He also takes care of our needs… providing we are faithful.
There are numerous reasons as to why people often experience poverty. It may be willfully not tithing or not knowing God altogether. However, in the majority of cases, it is debt which results from the mismanagement of the finances which God has provided. It isn’t to say that God cannot take you out of debt, and he can supernaturally. But it means that if God cannot trust you to manage a little money, then how are you going to handle a lot of it? Will the money go to bless others (we are blessed to be a blessing)? Will is be hoarded to excess? Will it corrupt our heart and actions? Will it draw us further from God or closer?
God knows the heart, and cannot be deceived. What is in your heart, you will reap!
Yet for those of us who already have our needs met, how many of us know that God doesn’t just stop there… God doesn’t just want to meet our needs, but pour out abundant blessings (riches) over His children! God is a God of abundance… but His abundance has a purpose.
To find out why God is a God of abundance, and why He will bless you beyond what you could have ever imagined, read our article in our upcoming issue of Faith Filled Family Magazine! Laura Linne will take you on a journey of why God meets and exceeds all of our needs, and how to grab hold of His blessings.
Our next issue is released on July 26, 2017!Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Faith Filled Family
- Continually Passed Up For Promotion? Why? - January 19, 2018
- Matthew West Invites Listeners To Go “All In” - January 19, 2018
- Joni & Friends VP Discusses Families Coping With Disabilities - January 18, 2018
- Atlanta Pro-Life March To Be Held This Friday - January 17, 2018
- Top 50 Countries With Highest Christian Persecution - January 11, 2018
- 529 Homeschool Bill Cut May Not Be A Bad Thing - January 8, 2018
- Why You Should Look At A Leader’s Family - January 5, 2018
- Radio Host, Brant Hansen, Discusses Being A “Misfit” - January 5, 2018
- Trials After Prophetic Word? Did I Hear From God? - January 2, 2018
- Raising Tomorrow’s Godly Leaders In An Ungodly World - December 29, 2017