MCLEAN, Va., May 4, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ — Two new high school courses released Wednesday by the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics (IFWE) seek to equip the next generation of young people to make an impact in the world for Christ through their work. Understanding God’s Calling and Biblical Foundations for the Economic Way of Thinking are courses designed for homeschool students but can be used in a variety of educational settings, including Christian schools, churches, and small groups.
“It’s encouraging that young people today are driven to make a difference in the world,” said author and theologian Dr. Art Lindsley, who authored the course on calling. “Sadly, few have a biblical framework for understanding God’s calling in work, family, church, and community.” Without that biblical underpinning, tremendous potential is lost, he said.
Lindsley’s curriculum, Understanding God’s Calling, is a 17-module course that guides high school students through an in-depth biblical exploration of calling, vocation, and personal gifting. Lindsley serves as the vice president of theological initiatives at IFWE and is also the author of C.S. Lewis’ Case for Christ, True Truth, and Love, the Ultimate Apologetic.
Economist Dr. Anne Bradley is driven to help others, particularly young people, understand the importance of the economic way of thinking in the everyday choices of life. “Economics is just a fancy word for understanding the process of making choices under conditions of scarcity,” she said. “Guess what? You already do this on a daily basis.”
Bradley explained that economics is important to learn at an early age because it helps children integrate God-pleasing decision-making into their lives. “Making God-pleasing decisions is what we’re called to do,” she said. “It’s why we’re here, and it’s how we’re going to make lasting contributions to God’s kingdom.”
Bradley’s course, Biblical Foundations for the Economic Way of Thinking, introduces high school students to economics as a critical element for pursuing God’s will and wise decision-making. This 17-module course is unique in its emphasis on learning the biblical foundations for economics. Dr. Anne Bradley serves as vice president of economic initiatives at the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics (IFWE) and is a mom of two young children.
IFWE is offering 50% off both the economic and calling courses through May 31, 2016. Use code IFWENEWS50 in the IFWE bookstore. Free downloadable sample lessons from both courses are available at IFWEHomeschool.com.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- VOICELESS Movie Speaks to the Silent Church - September 16, 2016
- Take the Mommy Test: What Kind of Mom Are You? - August 12, 2016
- Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade Anyone? Twenty Words that Sell Themselves - July 28, 2016
- Valuable Persuasive Leadership Lesson: What Not to Do - June 30, 2016
- Book You Are Not Normal Inspires Christians to Stand Out - June 8, 2016
- Trish Donohue Writes to Moms Who Want to Disciple Through Relationship - May 25, 2016
- Millionaires Chalk Success Up to Hard Work and Family Values - May 24, 2016
- The Courage to Lead When No One Wants to Follow - May 24, 2016
- New Biblical Leadership & Economics Homeschool Courses - May 10, 2016
- Purpose Sells, Not Products - April 26, 2016