Actress Roma Downey, and husband, producer Mark Burnett just announced the launch of their new family and faith television network launching next month.
“Light TV” will be broadcast on over a dozen major broadcast networks including New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago.
Light TV was created by Downey’s LightWorkers Media, and has partnered with MGM films and Fox to provide wholesome family and faith-based entertainment.
Downey told Variety Magazine, “This is the beginning of our new, multi-platform faith and family network, where the demand is greater than ever for family-friendly entertainment.”
“This is the last unclaimed vertical,” she said. “As we have already seen from the success of ‘The Bible’ series and our 20 million social followers, this audience is looking for inspiring and uplifting programming that they can watch in a trusted and safe environment on any platform.”
Burnett said that the new network aims to become the ideal medium to reach an underserved family audience.
Light TV will run 24-hours, and will feature shows and films from the MGM library ranging from titles such as, “Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader” and “Highway to Heaven”
Additionally, movies such as “Rocky”, “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang”, “The Black Stallion”, “Pink Panther” and more will also be featured.
- Terror Attack in Jerusalem Leaves Two Officers Dead And A Third Wounded - July 14, 2017
- Hillsong United’s Album Brings A Deeper Appreciation Of God - July 12, 2017
- Elevation Worship Graces Faith Filled Family’s Cover For August Issue! - July 11, 2017
- Believing For A Miracle In Your Life? Here’s Why You Should Trust in God - July 7, 2017
- God Will Exceed Our Needs… But For What Purpose? - July 6, 2017
- Newsboys and Premier Productions Announce Big Church Night Out Tour - July 5, 2017
- God Is Love And Nothing Can Separate You From His Love - July 3, 2017
- Don’t Seek To Avenge A Wrong- Ask God To Deal With It! - June 29, 2017
- How Well Do You Know God? It May Not Be As Well As You Think! - June 27, 2017
- National Geographic Launches New Series, “The Long Road Home” - June 23, 2017