Boko Haram, an Isis-linked Nigerian terrorist group, reports a new leader is in place. This new leader claims their main objective is to target Christians. Their plan is to blow up every church they can reach and killing Christians. Their focus will be on attacking Christian humanitarian groups. Additionally, according to an interview published by the Islamic State group, they will be ending attacks on mosques and markets used by Muslims.
Isis newspaper, al-Nabaa, reports that Abu Musab al-Barnawi will be leading the terrorist group. According to CNN, a Boko Harm insider claims that it is the son of the group’s founder. The man is twenty-five years old, and the second son of Mohammed Yusuf, who founded the group in 2002.
Despite Barnawi being the leader of Boko Haram, the source said long-time leader Abubakar Shekau still retains a larger number of followers in Sambisa forest which has control of the abuducted Chibok schoolgirls. The girls are viewed as a necessary bargaining chip for the terrorist group whose base has weakened.
It is believed that the decrease in manpower and support erosion leaves Shekau exposed and may lead in a breakthrough for the abducted schoolgirls.
In an interview with CNN, the Boko Haram source claims that Barnawi was their head of armory before falling out of favor with Shekau, and left with some of their followers.
“Shekau is seen as erratic and disorganized and Habib didn’t agree with a lot of his decisions anymore.” said the source.
The mission under Barnawi is to fight “Christianization of society”. Their shift in focus from Muslims to Christian humanitarian groups is because they feel they exploit the conditions of the displaced during war by providing them food and shelter. Then they infuse the Christian culture on their children.
Boko Haram has killed thousands of Nigerians and people in surrounding areas- mostly Muslim. They have initiated village raids, bombings, and mass shootings during the past seven years. Boko Haram has massively kidnapped young girls, raping them, then forcing them into relationships with militants.
Copyright 2016 Faith Filled Family
- Top 50 Countries With Highest Christian Persecution - January 11, 2018
- 529 Homeschool Bill Cut May Not Be A Bad Thing - January 8, 2018
- Why You Should Look At A Leader’s Family - January 5, 2018
- Radio Host, Brant Hansen, Discusses Being A “Misfit” - January 5, 2018
- Trials After Prophetic Word? Did I Hear From God? - January 2, 2018
- Raising Tomorrow’s Godly Leaders In An Ungodly World - December 29, 2017
- Would Jesus Be Proud Of Your Leadership? - December 29, 2017
- Show Me God’s Blessings In All Areas For 2018 - December 27, 2017
- Higher Vision Worship Is January Music Spotlight - December 23, 2017
- Comedian Tim Loveless On January Cover - December 22, 2017